XIV. Homecoming

'I can do this...'

Tails disappears in an instant, Eggman's sensors scanning the area for a spike in energy but read silent before several more slashes get absorbed by his armor.

"Where are you, fox boy!?" Eggman goes to deploy a shield, his hand getting swatted away as several more cuts ding'd their way onto him. It was like fighting you but WORSE. The attacks pile on more and more as the armor wears down, the once thick plating seeming to practically be falling apart in the fox's silent assault!

Tails finally reappears a ways away from the Doctor, breathing heavy as his body sped down to regular pace. It was exhausting for him, the way you made it seem so easy was beyond impressive.. He could feel himself getting stronger, the energy swirling within him pushing him to recover. He looks back to the Doctor with a smirk, "Pretty cool, huh? I remember your sensors couldn't pick up (Y/n)'s movements before, I guess you're still too slow Eggy."

The Doctor turns to face the fox, "Cocky again are we?" His mind raced! You were dead, was it possible that your residual memories and experiences had fragmented within the Chaos? This was bad! All of that training.. that refined skill set was now inside the sidekick!?

Tails takes a deep breath as he disappears again, several more gashes seeming to come out of the Doctor's armor rapidly as he tired to retaliate with a burst of energy rippling out from his form.

Tails reappears a distance away again with a smirk on his face, the burst of energy far from ever beginning to hit him. He looks at his trembling hands with a melancholy gaze.. It felt strange, as if he was used to moving this way but at the same time his body was confused by the burst in speed as well as the way time slowed down. He could feel himself moving but at the same time the sensation almost felt like something else was moving him instead.
He raises his arms, the muscles seeming to flex effortlessly despite the tight tension in his body. 'It's like they're holding me up...'
He balls his hands into fists, the energy refocusing into them and forming twin daggers once more. "I'm getting the hang of this.. Next one's coming for your head, Doctor~"

Eggman's suit hums gently, the blue glow ramping up once more. "Infinite energy means anything you can do I can do better!" The runes shine bright in that moment, "Chaos-!"
And Eggman vanishes.

Tails winces, about to induce a Chaos Control as well before his body seems to get blasted from all sides all at once. He could feel pressure impacting against his limbs several hundred times in rapid succession! The onslaught takes an immediate effect as his energy is drained, his form flickering before Eggman reappeared a few feet from him in the air. Bruises and cuts seem to apparate all over, Tails' consciousness shaken as his glow dimmed briefly.
"Cheap trick Eggman.." He holds a hand to his stomach as his body compacted a little, even in super form those hits added up... He pushes himself and forces his back to straighten up as he looked at the Doctor with the same confidence, "Let's see you try that again-"
He takes a deep breath, slipping into your Phase in an instant. He needed to throw the Doctor off... but how..?

Eggman's eyes go wide, before he can even begin to open his mouth he's bombarded with slashes that seem to connect and fracture against his body. The armor groans under the assault as it tried to repel the force but ample damage sinks in through it while trace amounts of blood seemed to roll out of the cracks in the now heavily damaged set.

Several more salvos of energy are launched across the sky while a flurry of lights danced high above. Both sides' strikes seem to make contact before a flash of light blinks in then out and Tails' mind whirred. A force seems to take the Doctor's arm, crushing it firmly under several tons of force as Tails re-appeared with his hand locked onto the Doctor's wrist.