Chapter Twenty-Seven

When your girlfriend, love of your life that she is, says things like, 'I want to try something new' or 'Let me see what pretty noises you can make' or the ever intriguing, 'Do you trust me?' all you can reply is something along the lines of 'Hell yes.' But in saying yes, every single time, and having these questions asked all in one night can lead to one very painful morning.

For example, right freaking now.

"I can't move," You groaned, and she giggled, the nerve of that wonderful woman, into your hair as she laid behind you, "Nat, you've paralyzed me."

"You're cute when you're dramatic," She kissed the top of your head, smoothing your hair over with her hand afterwards, "But I thought you wanted to take me someplace today?"

"The record store? When did I have time to mention that?"

You thought back to the very adventurous night the two of you had, enjoying the memory, but still not locating where you slipped that idea in.

"Baby," She cooed, and you took a deep breath with your eyes closed, enjoying how her voice sounded in the morning hours, "Let me bring you breakfast in bed."

"How're you not sore as fuck?" You snapped and she chuckled.

"I am," She kissed your temple, "Especially since you insist on matching me and then some whenever we do this."

"I'm an overachiever," You joked with a shrug, turning to her, "But it's my turn to bring you breakfast in bed," You kissed her nose and smiled when she scrunched her face grinning, "So, I'll be right back."

You carefully got up, hiding your cringe while your back was turned to her, and slipped into some underwear, feeling her eyes on you, before throwing on shorts and a tee shirt. You leaned over the bed one last time to kiss her before you practically limped out of the room.

Making your way slowly down the hall, walking almost like you had bowlegs and a permanent pained look on your face, you sighed in relief when you finally reached the elevator. It was a little early to be in the kitchen for breakfast, but even at this time there were always a few stragglers, so you headed that way.

When it dinged open, you tried your very best to compose yourself, but someone noticed the winces you were doing your best to hide, growing concerned.

"Morning, Y/n," Steve smiled, wanting to ask, but deciding against it, "Haven't seen you around lately."

"Been sleeping in." You offered with a forced smile and he nodded understandingly, but you felt a tad guilty for maybe neglecting your guys' friendship lately.

"Someone was ridden hard last night." Tony commented, smacking your butt as he walked past you to get to the kitchen.

Thankfully, only you and Steve seemed to have caught what he said.

"What the hell Stark?" Steve called after him, sounding angry, and you couldn't believe that light smack to your ass could not only cause that much pain, but leave you remembering certain things that happened only hours earlier.

You were a blushing mess as you walked swiftly into the kitchen.

Tony and you had grown close enough during many sleepless nights where, normally, the ass smacking each other wouldn't phase either of you, but the comment sent heat rushing to your cheeks. The lack of comeback also kind of threw him, but he shrugged it off as you being distracted.

By the time you reached the kitchen, you were considering putting an ice pack right on your lady parts because it wasn't getting much easier as time went on.

"Hey, thanks for the assist." Sam patted your shoulder and you turned to him.

"How'd it go?" You asked excitedly, raising your eyebrows with a smile when you saw the result of last night written all over his face.