16.

Scrunchie

I woke up with Kaede next to me the next day. Maaga akong umalis sa kama at hininaan ang air con para hindi ito lamigin. I left to go to the gym, while I just left him a note not to panic when he wake up because I'll come back agad.

I was wearing a gray sleeveless shirt and black gym shorts. I wore a black cap reversely, with my black ear pads in one ear, running in the treadmill.

I stopped to take a drink on my water bottle while wiping my own sweat. Napatingin ako sa salamin habang umiinom. I wiped my lips using the back of my hand after, and took my phone out of my duffel bag.

I went in front of the mirror to take several shots; one flexing my biceps, the other one has my left hand on my hips, placed the phone in a low angle, and I was looking down. On another one, I was biting the tip of my shirt, showing and flexing my eight pack abs, side-viewing a little. I made the last one my new lockscreen.

Tinaob ko ang phone sa duffel bag at umupo sa mga dumbbells. I was doing my thing when a pair of boxing gloves hit my chest before they fell on the ground.

I faced the direction where the gloves came from, revealing a shirtless Xerces, glaring at me. Kinunotan ko ito ng noo. Masama siguro ang gising ni gago.

"I need an opponent," Xerces raised his brows while bumping both of his fist— covered with gloves, to each other.

I calmed down first and did some push-ups with both hands and sometimes in one hand to warm myself up. Umakyat ako sa ring at nakipag sparring kay Xerces. Kaso tangina, namemersonal na yata 'tong gago.

"Fuck!" I groaned when he hit my jaw with his right hook. Ginalaw ko ang panga at pinatunog ang leeg nang samaan ko siya ng tingin.

The bastard only laughed. "Don't flat it, dude. This is normal for sparring."

I was so annoyed that I gave him a continuous right and left hook then uppercat and even kick his fucking ass off.

"Fuck! Boxing, dude. Boxing. Hindi taekwondo," he glared at me.

I extended both of my arms in midair as I let myself fell in the boxing ropes. Sumandal ako ro'n habang hinihingal na nakatingin sa kaniya.

"Masama yata ang gising mo. Rejected?" I smirked.

He didn't answer but the aggressive clenching of his jaws and his darkened face says it all.

"I say deserved," napailing-iling ako.

Hinila ko pataas ang boxing ropes at lumabas. Tinukod ko ang braso sa mattress at tinalon ang sahig. Hinubad ko ang gloves at tinapon iyon sa bench tsaka sumalampak sa tabi ng duffel bag.

I chugged my water bottle while Xerces was already punching the bags aggressively. Magkasalubong na magkasalubong ang kilay niya at umiigting ang panga.

I can tell from his facial expression that something happened to them. But of course, it's not my business to mind his personal problems in life. Not my story to tell as well.

I left the gym after I got satisfied with my exercise. I drove my bike back in our house, hung the duffel bag on my right shoulder and went inside the house.

Naabutan ko si Killian na nakaupo sa living room habang sinusuklayan ni Chela.

"Good morning po, kuya!" masayang bati nito sa akin.

I stopped in front of them to kiss his cheek.

"Morning. Up for school?"

"Yup! I'm a very good student because I always wake up early and I have a perfect attendance!"