08

WARNINGS: Mild Cursing

╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝
Elias Artino: Chapter 08

It had been a day and I was going to hangout with Marion and Delphine. Unfortunately, James and Kuro decided to come along. It was something about wanting to "hit up the cuties." I was guessing they meant Delphine and Marion.

Whatever happened in the janitors closet was forgotten. James and Kuro didn't tell me anything about the mark and sent me off on my day. For some reason, they seem oddly adamant on "protecting" me or whatever. I don't know what exactly possessed them but they were oddly kinder towards me and the girls. For example, right now. We were all walking around Delphine's neighborhood. She was in the rich part where all the houses were huge and the grass was freshly cut.

Both Marion and Delphine were wearing matching summer dresses. Kuro and James wore summer clothing while I was dressed in classic blue jeans and a sweatshirt.

"Your dress looks amazing on you. It compliments your body well." Kuro told Marion, a soft smile on his face.

"Thank you. I put a lot of work into my appearance today." Marion said, pleased.

"You don't have to anyway, I'm sure you'd look beautiful with little effort."

I awkwardly stepped a little further from them since I didn't want to hear.. any of that. Were foreigners usually this direct or was this normal? I had no idea but I guess they were "hitting it off" or whatever it was.

James and Delphine were standing next to each other in silence, eating a bag of shared popcorn. If I was going to be honest, they fit each other well. When James wasn't annoying or pushy, he was quiet and composed. I like it when he was that way so I didn't have to hear his constant voice.

Silently, I trailed away from the group and saw a nearby park. It looked run down and old which was surprising to see in an earthly neighborhood. It seemed like a good spot for me to rest and just breathe. It wasn't like anyone wanted to play in abandoned places unless you were a loner like me.

There was a large forest in the back of the park. I decided to walk into it, avoiding sticks and leaves. I wasn't going to get bitten by some bugs today.

My phone buzzed in my pocket and I was guessing it was the group looking for me. I simply ignored it and explored around.

I could hear birds chirping and the sun shining through. The trees mostly blocked the sun, so it was pretty cool. It was almost like a movie— beautiful scenery and all.

I heard the rushing of a lake and followed the sound. I made sure to look back so I didn't get lost. If I did, I'd be stuck here for a lifetime and die within 20 minutes. I was definitely not the type to survive a tragedy.

I spotted the water and approached it.

"Hey." a deep voice said. I quickly turned around to be met with black eyes, soulless and empty. I gasped as I was met with the most familiar and breathtaking face. Black hair. Black eyes. Pale face. Quiet. Black hair. Black eyes. Pale face. Quiet. Black hair. Black eyes. Pale face. Quiet.

His eyes were dark and exactly like I remember. He was taller now by a lot. I would've mistook him for a statute rather than an actual teenager. But what mostly changed was his face and his physique. He was stronger and had put on more muscle. I could see his veins wrapping around his two large, but slim hands. His face had gotten sharper too. He lost a ton of baby fat and was just so.. different. The way he stood, his voice, his looks— everything.

Just looking at him had me thinking I was going crazy.

I sucked in my breath as the sound of my heart beating filled my ears. I simply stared at him and examined every little thing about him that I had missed a few seconds before. Was this really Kaiden? Was this really my long-lost best friend, the one who I had been yearning for years?

I felt myself being drawn to him and wanting to know more.

"Kaiden?" I called out. I wanted to know if this was him. I needed to know.

He gave me a weird look and narrowed his eyes. "Who the fuck are you?" he asked. His voice rattled my head by how deep it was.

"W-who are you?" I asked, my voice suddenly going quiet because of his intimidating stare.

"Who are you?" he countered, looking down at me with a glint of curiosity.

"E-Elias . I'm Elias Artino." I introduced myself. I looked into his eyes to see if I could find any recognization. If he knew my name, he knew me. And if he knew me, I knew him.

There was none— not even a single twitch.

"Okay, Elias, I'm Kaiden." he said. "How'd you know my name?"

"D-do you not remember me?" I asked, wearily. Please say you do. Please say it. I prayed.

"I've never seen you in my life. I would've remembered someone like.. you." he said it in such a way that made me uncomfortable. It was like he was talking to a bug or something disgusting. "Anyway, why are you here?" he suddenly asked.

"I- I was just exploring." I stuttered out.

"You shouldn't be out here. They banned trespassers."

"T-then why are you here?"

Kaiden smirked. "Cause why the fuck not?" He looked at me for a second and paused. "Where do you go for school?"

"U-uhm Hawkings Private School." I said. For a private school, it was more like a public school. Sure, it costed money but we didn't have uniforms and the school itself was horrible. The only reason my mother was paying for it was because she totally forgot I was there. I didn't know how she was paying for it without knowing, but it wasn't important.

"Hm." Kaiden hummed.

That was all he said before walking off into the distance, leaving me alone.

I watched as he walked away and left me. I was hoping that this wasn't my Kaiden.

I was hoping that the real Kaiden was out there and that he knew me.

Hoping only gets you so far.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗

Someone who looks exactly like Kaiden.. interesting. I hope you guys are enjoying it and school is nearing the end for me so uploads may be coming more or less (depending on my schedule for summer). ;))

QUESTION: Who's your favorite group member (Marion, Delphine, James or Kuro)?
Me: Can't say. As the author, I have to love everyone equally and fairly. Just kidding it's JAMES!

Thanks for reading up to chapter 8! Make sure to vote for the story of you're enjoying
it or haven't already. 📖⭐️