24

WARNINGS: mild cursing, stealing

Please do not hate in the comments.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝
Elias Artino: Chapter 24

"So Krasnyy's aren't allowed in the woods?" I asked.

"That's right. Don't ask me why. I don't know exactly why myself." James answered. He kept his eyes trained on the road while talking. "But some of them are allowed if they're from a powerful family."

I thought about that for a second. Kaiden is a Krasnyy yet he was in the forest.

Don't think about him. I reminded myself.

The only reason I didn't want to think about Kaiden was because I didn't want to be reminded of the claim and all the years he was gone. If I got close to him, he'd disappear again and this time, I would have no explanation. In fact, I still didn't know the exact reason to his disappearance or why he forgot me. I didn't want to fall for him again only to be disappointed. It sounded stupid— I know. I was just scared of losing the only two people who ever cared about me again.

"Who was it that claimed you?" James suddenly asked. I realized I had just been stuck in my thoughts and had left him in silence. But I didn't think I could tell him about Kaiden yet. Maybe he would force me to complete the claim. That was something I would never do.

"I.. I don't really want to say."

James hummed in acknowledgment. "You know I won't judge, right? There's also a huge chance I won't know who it is. Don't forget that I'm also new here." he gently nudged me. I was starting to think that James wasn't that bad. I just wish I knew more about him.

When I didn't respond he sighed. "If you're ever confused, come to me or Kuro.. or whoever your partner is."

"P-partner?" I blushed.

"Isn't that what claims are for?"

I groaned. "I don't want to talk about it! Just drive!"

James laughed. "Fine, fine. We're almost at Marion's anyways."

30 minutes later we all arrived at the mall. James had to drive around the parking lot for a whole 10 minutes just to get a parking space. It was packed and loaded with people. Some were roaming around, hangout out or shopping. Others were vaping outside the mall. I was pretty damn sure there was a drug deal going on.

We all step into the mall to be hit by a sea of people. Voice overlapped and shopping bags were being swung around. I felt Marion and Delphine clinging onto me just so we all didn't crash into anyone or get separated. James and Kuro were simply standing there, someone avoiding everyone. It was probably because they were tall and muscular. They wouldn't easily get knocked over which was so unfair.