23

WARNINGS: none

WARNINGS: none.
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝
Elias Artino: Chapter 23

A day later I had planned to go hangout with Marion, Delphine, James and Kuro. I was getting ready by putting on the same clothes I've worn for the past few days and by brushing my teeth and doing skincare. The products I had were from the drugstore and were cheap. But they worked and that was all I needed. It wasn't like I could afford anything better with no job and a mother who takes my money.

We had planned on going to the mall. Unfortunately, I had no money. I was just going to see my friends and in hopes that I would find a random penny laying on the ground to add to my empty, broken piggybank.

I decided to bring a bag that had my phone and a snack packed inside. It was a fairly large bag since a phone and a snack honestly didn't take up much space. It wasn't like I could buy food so bringing a little snack to eat was my only choice.

Unfortunately for me, It was the weekend so the mall would be packed and filled with people. My social battery wasn't very high and being around a lot of people can just be overwhelming. It also made me feel a tad bit more self-conscious. I didn't think I was noticeable, but being around people who have even an ounce of beauty on them can make you feel a bit "lesser."

I have been getting a few more looks from people after my mother cut off my hair. I was sure my friend were just complimenting my face out of pure pity.

My phone suddenly dinged. I looked down to see a new message.

Marion
@James is the one picking us all up.
He's the only one that can drive and has a US license.
Seen | 12:05 P.M.

Kuro
I can't believe that stupid idiot can actually drive
Seen | 12:05 P.M.

I laughed at that. I honestly couldn't believe James could drive either. We were all old enough o get our drivers license, but I didn't have mine. Marion and Delphine couldn't get their license in France. I wasn't sure about Kuro, but I didn't mind it. The only reason I didn't have a drivers license was because I would never be able to afford the lessons or even a car. My mom wouldn't help me either.

I sighed and shook my head, slapping both of my cheeks as an attempt to snap out of my thoughts.

I'm not gonna think about anything negative today. I'm not going to think about my mother and I'm not going to think about Kaiden. Think of literally anything else but Kaiden. I closed my eyes tight and got rid of all the thoughts of Kaiden. Atleast I tried to. You couldn't just not think of something!