Chp.37

-AUTHOR's POV-

-8 YEARS LATER-

Years have passed now, yet the world was still filled with the undead, walking and roaming all over the world, continuing to rise, yet no cure to stop this madness, and to keep on continuing.
.
.
.
One day, we take a look at a community, as you all are familiar with the community to take a glimpse at: Alexandria. The community was no longer run by Rick Grimes, as he, and the rest of his group were killed by the hands of a man, who's family was taken away by Rick; (YN), and killed everyone of them, one by one. And Carl, to loose his father and friends, as he knew what the consequences would come to the end...but had to live with it and know the truth why. Carl is now an full grown teenager, 23 years old, as he now runs the community, taking care of his people, welcoming the ones that deserve to have a home to stay, and even children as well. And speaking of children, there are two kids he now takes care of, one happens to be his little sister, Judith, and , Hershel Jr. both are the age of 8, as the two were playing together outside, and Carl sitting at the porch, watching them play with the other kids, enjoying seeing them having fun, then, Gabriel shows up and joins with Carl sitting down...

Gabriel: Everything seems good.

Carl: Yup, so far we haven't gotten any problems, not since....well...

Gabriel: *sighs* I know...a long time ago, almost a decade.

Carl: Yeah...

Gabriel: Still think about them?

Carl: More than you can count.

Gabriel: Mm....what about.... "Him"?

Carl stood quiet, and knew who Gabriel was referring too...and honestly, Carl never gets his mind off from "him"...

Carl: ...Sometimes. Is that...bad?

Gabriel: ...I wouldn't say it is, just curious. And, the reason why I ask...is cause, you're the only one who saw a small glimpse of his good side.

Carl: Good, bad, doesn't matter...but...I know what he went through, and what made him to become the person he is...so there isn't much to argue about it. It already happen, nothing else we can do now.

Gabriel: ...I see.

Then suddenly, both Judith and Hershel Jr appears in front of the porch...

Judith: Carl, can we eat something? We're hungry. Don't worry, how does spaghetti sound like?

Hershel Jr: Yea! Will it have meatballs?

Judith: Ugh, don't put some on mine.

Hershel Jr: Why not give it to me instead?

Judith: You don't even finish them.

Hershel Jr: Yes I do.

Judith: ....

Hershel Jr: ...I do.

Carl: Alright Alright, there will be meatballs, and I'll make sure not to put some on your plate little sis. Go ahead and wash y'all hands.

Judith/Hershel Jr: Okay!

They both rush inside the house as Carl goes inside as well, but stops and looks at Gabriel...

Carl: Wanna join us?

Gabriel: Thanks, but I'll pass. Besides, I gotta help some folks out.

Carl: Gotcha. Well, feel free to come over.

Gabriel: I will.

Carl then enters the house and to go over to the kitchen and started to cook as Judith and Hershel Jr both sat down on the floor at the living room playing with each others toys and Carl enjoying seeing them having fun.
.
.
But, he has another thing is his mind, which again, doesn't wanna think about it, but then again couldn't get him off from his mind ever since he was gone for good, out there on his own.

Carl Mind: Wonder how (YN)'s doing out there.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Meanwhile, in the woods, pretty far away. There, we see a small cabin house, and someone outside of the house, chopping down some wood, and this someone is familiar. This someone age older and matured, slick back undercut hair, grown beard. This someone is none other than (YN), who he is now 35 years old. He was done chopping wood with an axe, and to grab them and head back to his cabin. He use the chopped wood, putting them at the chimney and light it up, setting it on fire to warm up the inside of his home. So far, he's been living it good, a brand new home, all by himself, living in peace. He walks over to the kitchen as his teapot began to whistle, as the water was boiled hot enough, grabs a mug, pours the hot water, and to make some good ol tea. As he finish making his tea, he walks over to the living room, and to take a seat and enjoy his tea and relax.

(YN): *sighs* Nothing but some good tea. *sips* Mm, sweet.

He looks around his new home, feeling the loneliness around him, but wasn't bothered by it by an inch...

(YN): I'm use to this. Nothing new to me.

As he takes it all in, relaxing and drinking some hot tea, sitting near a chimney...he looks over at a drawer aside of him, reaches and opens it, and to grab the picture he saved, picture of his friends and his family, takes a good look at both of them, and seeing them made him miss them, till this day.

(YN): Hope you guys get to meet Lee up there, alongside with some other friends me and Clementine made alongside that are up there. Heh, now that I think about it...I also hope AJ has already met his parents as well, they would be so proud of him of how far he had come along...

Then he remember something else, he puts the picture away back, and to grab the camera he had kept it with him the entire time ever since, and that camera holds something special to him, the only thing he ever has to remember his family and friends.

(YN): ...Let's see if you still work after these years, I hope you do.

He puts his cup of tea on the table, and to turn on the camera, waited...and for the camera to turn on.

(YN): Hehe, nice. Now, how about seeing some good memories.

He press some buttons, looking through the settings, and to find couple videos that has been saved a long time ago, the video was taken 8 years ago...when Clementine, AJ, Lucille, Louis, Violet, and everyone else were still alive.
.
.
.
And plays the videos.

-END OF CHAPTER 37-