SC. 36

Y/N's POV

"Keke, stop crying. I've already run out of tissues."

"How could you say that to me? I'm sad!"

"Look, your eyes and nose are already so red. You look like a piglet," Lin Fan laughed out but handed the girl another tissue as well.

"You have weird ways of comforting people, Fanfan," I commented and patted Keran's back. "Keran's just in shock."

"She's right," Keran mumbled as she dabbed at her eyes. 'I really thought you were leaving..." Her eyes watered again as she looked up at the other girl.

Lin Fan just shrugged before sitting next to her with a gummy smile. "Well, I'm still here, so you'll have to put up with me much longer."

"Come on, let's give them their space," Yuxin said as she tugged me away from the two.

The weight of the eliminations still hung thick in the air even though it all happened minutes ago. As Yuxin and I sat a little away from the others, I could still hear the faint sobs and sniffles from the other trainees. Especially that of Keyin, who hasn't stopped crying since earlier when she found out that Xinwen wouldn't be staying.

I sat there motionless, letting my mind wander around. A lot of things happened in such a short amount of time. It's almost weird how empty the hal feels compared to when we first started. There were 109 of us at the beginning and now there were only 20 left.

"Hey... you okay?" I heard Yuxin ask, making me turn to see her looking at me in both confusion and concern. "Aren't you happy?"

"I am," I answered with a small smile. "It's just hard to show when everybody else isn't," I added as I looked around the crying trainees. From the side of my eyes, I saw her nod before she reached out to hold my hand.

"You're amazing, you know? You went from the last rank to rank 11," she commented.

"I still can't believe it," I muttered with a small laugh. "But I guess hard work pays off, right? I mean for you, especially. You ranked first!"

"It doesn't matter much," she said with a sweet smile and a squeeze to my hand. "I'm happier with the fact that we're both still here."

"I am, too." I smiled back at her as I felt my cheeks heating up.

It took a couple more minutes before we ll finally stood up and started heading toward the cafeteria for dinner. Despite the heavy situation, I still found myself being happy. I'm still here, along with my friends. And although some might be leaving, I still believe there would be something much greater out there.

The dinner was quiet and no one dared to change it. Even I did not make any effort. I figured that it will be better to just stay quiet and just have dinner time as a time to think about things.

Now that I'm ranked 11, the whole idea of debuting does not look so blurry and impossible anymore. Maybe if I tried really, really hard, I would make it. that's right! I need to work harder.

That thought stayed until dinner finished and we all headed back up to the dorms. As usual, Yuxin and I walked side by side, quiet as our hands swung between us. It was only when we stepped inside our dorm did all the stress and exhaustion the day brought, washed over me.

"Congrats to us," Lin Fan commented as we all got ready to head to bed.

"Yesh, I can't believe our dorm's still full," I added as I sat on our bunk where Yuxin was already lying down.

"Let's keep it that way until debut," keran said as she walked towards the light switch. "Now, let's head to bed. We still have practice tomorrow."

With that, the lights turned off and the room was left in a pale yellow light. I slipped under the covers and almost immediately felt arms wrapping around me and the familiar scent of vanilla filled the air that I breathed in.