The Answer

Disclaimer: I do not own Steven Universe, all rights go to Rebecca Sugar.

"Many... many... Millennials ago..." White Diamond sat on her throne, setting the mood about the day Redstone was made.

Year: XXXX

White Diamond was in her ship, looking over her progress over a planet of hers that was near completion. "One day I was checking on the final progress of a planet that was nearly complete, but a thought loomed over me and soon the other diamonds of one thought..." White Diamond looked over on what gems were made, Bismuths, Rubies, Amethysts, Topazs' and many more.

It took so much resources from a planet to make these gems, she felt that it may not be enough for the remaining gems that are yet to be emerged. "Goodness knows if the colonization would go perfect, many gems with different roles, but require so much from a planet. We felt that... perhaps we could make an all in one gem."

Dismissing the screen from her sight, White Diamond left to speak with the other diamonds on the idea of a gem that could do almost anything. "Soon that idea was simply a thought, then we experimented on how it would be done and soon, a plan was set." Time passes as the Diamonds find planets to test out their creation.

"We first tried to see if only one of us could do it but... it made no difference, we decided to combine our essence to see if maybe it would work... but the results were..." blue and Yellow attempted to combine their essences, first drill went... the gem the came out was all but an amalgamation of gems, consisting of topaz and lapis, arms stuck to limbs, legs as eyes, they only watched the horror unfold and immediately shattered it.

The next pair was Yellow and White, what came out was another amalgamation of an amethyst and another topaz with a peridot, a jaw of crooked teeth, wormy legs, cracked arms around the face and neck. Yellow Diamond looked away in disgust while White Diamond shattered the "gem."

Lastly came Blue and White. "You didn't bring Pink?" Steven asked. "We didn't believe that she would be ready for such a thing like this." White Diamond responded before continuing.

The drill went into the planet... what came out was a blob of rocks and mold. Small and large hands, eyes everywhere, too many gems to count. Blue Diamond felt sick. Just as before, White Diamond shattered the vulgar creation. "I couldn't give up, I knew this would work. We tried planet after planet after planet... yet it was but monstrous results." White Diamond knew that the plan was becoming pointless until she had a spark.

"We began feeling that the creation we hoped for was dull... but THAT'S when... we got Pink involved." During a bath together in Blue's sauna, Pink sung a song underwater for the other diamonds to guess, after a while, she left. The diamonds carefully extracted essence from Pink the moment she left. "I didn't want to waste time in dealing with more attempts of failure... so I made a decision..."

Blue and Yellow Diamond were shocked at the idea that White Diamond proposed to them. "You want us to combine all four of our essence's to create this gem?!" Yellow Diamond was ready to refuse the idea along with Blue Diamond. This was never done before and it sure wouldn't look pretty when thinking about it.

"We have other planets to conquer and I won't waste them on failures." Blue tired to reason with the tall diamond in hopes to not go through with the plan. "White, think about what this might do! It could possibly destroy a planet for having such a chaotic power!" White only looked onto the drill that she had in her ship, she wanted this to work and she knew they wanted it as well.

"This will be our last attempt, if failure... we go back to how we were before and pretend that none of this ever happened." White Diamond explained to the two, though both were hesitant, they also didn't want to waste planets on failures. "We had found this red planet, it had perfect conditions for a gem to be made. From there, we would begin our last attempt." White, Blue, and Yellow let one drill begin its creation, all three waited to see if it would work.