CHAPTER 8

ENJOY!!

Jungkook's face fell, his eyes clouding with disappointment. He had been hoping to spend more time with Tae, to talk to her and get to know her better. He sighed and turned towards his car, but just as he was about to open the door, Jisoo's voice rang out.

Jisoo's face contorted in a exaggerated expression of distress, "Oh my god, I totally forgot I have an urgent appointment! Can I go, please, Tae?" She batting her eyelashes, her eyes pleading like a puppy's.

Tae smiled kindly, "It's okay, you go.

Jisoo grinned, relieved, and hastily got into her car. As she drove away, she winked at Jungkook and discreetly gestured towards Tae's scooty, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Jungkook's frown turned into a smirk as he grasped Jisoo's subtle hint. He silently thanked his friend for the assist and turned his attention to Tae, who was busy loading her shopping bags onto the scooty.

With a playful glint in his eye, Jungkook approached Tae, his footsteps quiet on the pavement. "Want some help?" he asked, his voice low and smooth.

Tae startled at the sudden sound of his voice, her heart skipping a beat. She quickly shook her head, her cheeks flushing pink. "No, I've got it," she said, her voice barely above a whisper, her eyes avoiding his gaze.

But Jungkook didn't back off, his smile growing wider as he took in the sight of Tae's flustered expression. He leaned against the scooty, his eyes locked onto hers, his presence drawing her in like a magnet.

Tae's shy smile faltered as she gazed up at Jungkook, her eyes meeting his intense stare. "I have to go," she whispered, her voice barely audible.

Jungkook's response was low and husky, his words sending a shiver down Tae's spine. "Okay... I'll let you go only when you look at me." His eyes bore into hers, as if challenging her to meet his gaze.

Tae's lips trembled as she bit them, her heart racing with anticipation. Slowly, she raised her eyes to meet Jungkook's, their gazes locking in a spark of electricity.

The air around them seemed to vibrate with tension as they stood there, frozen in time, their eyes speaking a language that only they could understand.

The world around them melted away, leaving only the two of them, lost in the depths of each other's eyes. Time stood still, and the only sound was the rapid beating of their hearts.

Tae was the first to break the spell, her eyes darting away as she turned to leave. But Jungkook was quick to react, his hand shooting out to grasp her wrist, pulling her back towards him.

Tae's breath caught in her throat as she felt herself being drawn into his embrace. Her hands instinctively flew up to rest on his chest, her fingers splayed across the firm muscles. Jungkook's hands settled on her back, their warmth seeping into her skin as he pulled her closer.

Their bodies were now mere inches apart, the tension between them palpable. Tae's heart raced with anticipation, her eyes fixed on Jungkook's face, his gaze burning with intensity.

The air was electric with expectation, as if the entire universe was holding its breath, waiting to see what would happen next.

"I'm sorry," he said, staring directly into her eyes.

"For what?" she asked, staring back.

"For my earlier behavior... I shouldn't have checked you out like a pervert. I'm so sorry." He spoke honestly, feeling genuinely remorseful for potentially making her uncomfortable.

Tae's cheeks darkened, remembering the moment Jungkook's eyes had roamed over her body. She quickly looked away, her voice barely audible. "It's okay."

As she pulled out of his embrace, Jungkook felt a pang of disappointment, missing the warmth of her body against his. But he didn't push the issue, instead, he watched as Tae approached her scooty, only to freeze in shock.