CHAPTER 18

ENJOY!!

Shaking his head, Jungkook continued inside, his expression brightening as he saw Taehyung waiting for him at the entrance, her smile radiant.

He returned her smile, pushing aside the unease he felt moments earlier, and walked towards her, ready to put the mystery aside for the time being.

Taehyung asked, "Where were you? I was waiting for you..." She pouted, her lips jutting out in a playful manner.

Jungkook smiled, his eyes gleaming with affection. He fought the urge to kiss her pout away and instead wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a warm hug.

Taehyung was taken aback but quickly reciprocated the embrace, patting his back.

As Jungkook nuzzled his face into her neck and tightened his hold on her waist, Taehyung's smile turned shy.

"Jungkook, sab intezaar kar rahe hain andar, humaara chaliye na..." she whispered, her voice barely audible.

(Everyone is waiting for us inside, let's go.)

But Jungkook shook his head, indicating "no", and gently planted a feathery kiss on her neck, sending butterflies fluttering in her stomach.

"Just a bit more," he whispered, his voice husky with emotion. Taehyung nodded, and they remained entwined in the warm embrace, savoring the tender moment.

Jungkook felt a deep sense of peace and comfort in her arms, his tension melting away with each stroke of her hand through his hair.

After a while, he reluctantly pulled back from the hug, his eyes filled with love and adoration.

He pecked her cheeks twice, making her smile shyly.

"You know, you're looking absolutely stunning in this pink saree," Jungkook said, his smile accentuating his praise.

Taehyung's face flushed with modesty, her eyes dropping in shyness, but her smile betrayed her happiness.

Taehyung replied, "You too..." her voice barely audible, her eyes cast down at her feet.

Jungkook chuckled and pulled her closer by the waist, making her gasp in surprise.

"Really?" Jungkook teased, "Am I looking beautiful or handsome? Or, moreover, I'm not wearing a saree..."

He playfully mocked her, his eyes sparkling with mirth. Taehyung's face flushed a deep red in embarrassment, and she lightly pushed Jungkook away, before darting inside, leaving him in stitches at her adorable behavior.

However, Jungkook's smile faltered when he noticed Jisoo and Jack staring at him with blank faces, their expressions unreadable. His brow furrowed in concern, his joyous mood suddenly dampened by the unsettling atmosphere.

_____________________________________

Jungkook was utterly perplexed, wondering what on earth was going on. He shrugged off the weird vibe and walked towards Taehyung, sitting beside her.

However, he missed the sly exchange between Jack and Jisoo, who shared a high-five and a chuckle, thrilled to have finally witnessed the tender moment between Taehyung and Jungkook.

They had been eagerly waiting to see the couple's romantic interaction, and their faces lit up with delight as they watched the sweet exchange at the entrance.

But, quickly composing themselves, they resumed their neutral expressions, hiding their amusement when Jungkook turned to look at them, oblivious to the secret moment they had just shared.