Chapter Eighteen

Lalisa

"Yep! That's what I meant. I'll review the changes right away so I'll be able to adjust it." I said as I ended the call. I'm laying down the mattress of my bed, glancing at the clock on my side table and groaning when I saw that 30 minutes had passed and I haven't prepared myself for a meeting with Irene.

"Wait, it sounds rude to only be calling her by her name. Even though she told me it's fine we're not really close for me to do that. I feel awkward and uncomfortable, I don't want to go anymore." I sulked in my bed. Waiting for another 10 minutes before finally standing up to wash up and search for some decent clothes to wear.

I'm glad that my walk-in closet is big enough to fit all my essential things from home. I was busy searching for a pair of tee when I heard loud crashing noise of banging fist on my door. I'm still very much wet from washing up and I haven't chose any clothes to wear so I panicked a little and decided to grab the nearest shirt before seeing whoever that rude creature is.

My forehead creased in confusion as I walked with speed to make sure my door was still in one piece after this day ends.

"Hey! Stop destroying my door--- Jennie-Unnie?!"

My confusion grew seeing a familiar brunette in front of my door fuming mad.

Okay? What did I do?!!

"Lalisa." I gulp when I saw her eyes darkened while still staring at me.

"Wha--" I gulp again forcing the bile away.

"What are you doing he--" She cut me off staring blankly at me as she says.

"You're not meeting Irene. " 

Now... This ain't really fun anymore. She keeps on doing this. 

I don't understand Jennie at all. She's giving me mixed signal! Sure her parents told her to look after me and I'm still living under their house so it would make sense for her to worry but to forbid me from seeing her friend. I don't get her intention at all!

What's really her deal?! 

I don't know if it's because I've had enough of her BS or if it's because of stress from my work but I found myself unable to resist the urge of shouting and snapping at her.

Maybe I shouldn't have. Gosh.

"What's your deal, Jen?! " I raised my voice without meaning to and oh God! How I regret doing so!

Jennie took that as a sign of rebellion, making her scowl as she looks darkly dangerous at me. I was so ready to apologize for raising my voice at her when she pushed me back inside my room. I forced myself to calm down because matching Jennie's mood can't be good for me. 

It's already pretty obvious that she's upset and I wouldn't want to add up to that. Matching her energy will lead me to more things I will regret. I have to calm myself down.

Closing the door with a loud thud of her feet I heard a click of the lock doubling the racing beat of my heart. Without wasting time, I gave Jennie a pleading look.

I don't know Jennie that much but my guts are telling me that I'm getting in trouble if I won't ask for her forgiveness right this instant.

"He-Hey! L..Look" I cough as I look at her again this time my eyes were clouded in fear seeing how she looks at me. Her eyes were so dark as she took another step towards me. "I'm sorry Okay? I'm just frustrated, yeah! You understand right?"

I gulp again because as much as it turns me on seeing this type of Jen. I don't want to get in trouble and her whole demeanor speaks so much of it!

"H-Hey!" I found myself trapped in between a wall and her. And there was no space in between of us at all! Dang!