Chapter 2: Another Side

As So Young stood there, leaning against the door of her studio, her phone buzzed in her pocket. She pulled it out and saw a message from Joo-wan, the man she was secretly seeing behind Hoshi's back. Joo-wan was everything Hoshi was not—dangerous, thrilling, and completely unbound by societal expectations.

Joo-wan: Miss you. Come over tonight?

A sly smile crept across her face as she read the message. Joo-wan was her escape from the suffocating reality of her relationship with Hoshi. With him, she felt alive, uninhibited by the expectations and obligations that came with dating someone from a wealthy and respectable family.

So Young: Be there soon. Can't wait to see you.

She quickly typed back, her fingers trembling with excitement. The thought of Joo-wan's rugged charm and the thrill of their secret meetings sent a rush of adrenaline through her. She knew she was playing a dangerous game, but the risk only made it more enticing.

Glancing at her watch, So Young decided to freshen up before heading out. She took a moment to compose herself, applying a touch of makeup and changing into a more casual yet alluring outfit. As she looked at her reflection in the mirror, she felt a surge of confidence. She knew how to play her cards right, and for now, she had the upper hand.

Leaving her studio, So Young made her way to Joo-wan's place, her heart pounding with anticipation. The city lights blurred past her as she navigated the streets, her mind solely focused on the night ahead. She knew she was walking on a fine line, but the thrill of the deception and the allure of Joo-wan were too powerful to resist.

As she arrived at Joo-wan's apartment, he greeted her with a devilish grin, pulling her into a passionate kiss. In that moment, all thoughts of Hoshi and her carefully constructed facade vanished, replaced by the intoxicating rush of living on the edge.

As they lounged in Joo-wan's dimly lit apartment, sipping on glasses of wine, So Young's phone buzzed again. She glanced at it briefly, seeing a missed call from Hoshi. Ignoring it, she turned her attention back to Joo-wan, who was watching her with an intensity that sent shivers down her spine.

"You look stunning tonight," Joo-wan murmured, his voice husky with desire.

So Young smiled, the thrill of being desired by someone so different from Hoshi electrifying her. "You're not so bad yourself," she teased, leaning in closer.

Meanwhile, in a starkly different setting, Wonwoo was dealing with a threat to his empire. A rival gang had dared to challenge his authority, a mistake they would soon regret. With ruthless efficiency, Wonwoo orchestrated a brutal revenge, sending a clear message that no one crossed him and lived to tell the tale.

As the chaos of the underworld settled, Wonwoo found himself alone in his office, a pure contrast to the chaotic scenes outside. Wonwoo sat in silence, his eyes fixed on the photo as memories intertwined with thoughts of the present. His phone buzzed, interrupting his introspection. It was a message from one of his trusted lieutenants, Mingyu informing him of the successful retaliation against the rival gang.

Mingyu: Boss, the message has been delivered. They won't be causing any more trouble.

Wonwoo nodded, acknowledging the update. His mind, however, was still drawn to the past, to the pivotal moments that had shaped his journey. He picked up the photo, tracing the faded edges with his fingertips.

"Tiger... Where are you now?" Wonwoo muttered to himself, his gaze fixed on the old photograph. 

Lost in a wave of nostalgia, Wonwoo reminisced about his childhood friend, Tiger.

The sound of his office door opening snapped Wonwoo out of his thoughts. Mingyu entered, his expression unreadable as he approached his boss.

"Mingyu, any word on Tiger?" Wonwoo's voice held a note of urgency, a rare glimpse of vulnerability in his otherwise cold and calm demeanour.

Mingyu hesitated before responding, choosing his words carefully. 

"Boss, there are very few leads on Tiger. It's like he vanished into thin air."

Wonwoo's jaw tightened slightly, a mix of frustration and determination flickering in his eyes. "Keep looking. I want every possible trace followed, no matter how faint."

Mingyu nodded, understanding the seriousness of the task. "Yes, Boss. We won't rest until we find him."

As Mingyu left to carry out his orders, Wonwoo returned to his thoughts, his mind consumed by memories of a time long gone.

Meanwhile, as the night wore on, So Young woke up in Joo-wan's apartment, the early morning sunlight filtering through the curtains. She blinked, trying to shake off the remnants of sleep, her mind slowly piecing together the events of the previous night.

Glancing at the clock, she realized she had overslept. Panic surged through her as thoughts of Hoshi and the possibility of him discovering her absence raced through her mind. Hastily, she gathered her belongings, leaving a note for Joo-wan before slipping out of the apartment.

The streets were quiet, the city still half-asleep as So Young hurried back to her studio. She couldn't afford to be seen out of place, not with the delicate balance of her life hanging by a thread.

As she unlocked the door to her studio, relief washed over her. Everything seemed normal, taking a moment to compose herself, So Young sat down at her desk, her thoughts drifting to the tangled web of secrets and lies she had woven.

Just as she was about to dive into her work, her phone buzzed again. This time, it was a message from Hoshi.

Hoshi: So Young, where were you last night? I tried calling, but you didn't answer.

So Young's heart skipped a beat as she read the message. She quickly composed a reply, her mind racing to come up with a plausible explanation.

So Young: Sorry, Hoshi. I must have fallen asleep early. Must have missed your calls. Let's catch up later?

She hit send, hoping that Hoshi would buy her excuse. But deep down, she knew that the walls of her carefully constructed facade were starting to crack, and she wasn't sure how much longer she could keep up the charade.

As the city stirred to life outside her window, So Young braced herself for the challenges that lay ahead, knowing that the secrets she harboured were like ticking time bombs, waiting to explode and reshape her world in ways she couldn't predict.