Chapter 9: Sun and Moon

Wonwoo sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "What is it about you, Hoshi? Why do I feel so drawn to you?" he whispered.

Suddenly, Hoshi stirred in his sleep, his hand reaching out and grabbing Wonwoo's wrist. With surprising strength, he pulled Wonwoo down onto the bed beside him. Caught off guard, Wonwoo fell onto the bed, their faces just inches apart.

As Wonwoo adjusted himself, trying to regain his composure, his eyes caught sight of something glinting around Hoshi's neck. It was a necklace with a sun pendant, and it looked eerily familiar. His breath caught in his throat as he realized why—the pendant was nearly identical to his own moon pendant that he always wore.

(Something similar to this)

A thousand questions raced through Wonwoo's mind. How did Hoshi come to have such a pendant? What did it mean?

Wonwoo gently reached out and lifted the pendant for a closer look. It was beautifully crafted, with intricate designs that matched his moon pendant perfectly. He glanced down at his own pendant, the moon and sun seeming to belong together.

His heart pounded as he turned back to Hoshi, who was still fast asleep. The vulnerability and innocence on Hoshi's face contrasted sharply with the turmoil in Wonwoo's mind. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was a deeper connection between them, something that went beyond mere coincidence.

"Who are you, Hoshi?" Wonwoo whispered, his voice barely audible. "And why do you have this pendant?"

Hoshi stirred again, murmuring something incoherent. Wonwoo's gaze softened as he watched Hoshi, feeling a strange mix of protectiveness and curiosity. 

Wonwoo gently placed the sun pendant back on Hoshi's chest, careful not to wake him. He rose from the bed, his mind swirling with thoughts and questions. As he made his way back to his room, he couldn't shake the feeling that the sun pendant held some significance, some connection to his past.

Once inside his room, he sank into his leather armchair, staring at the moon pendant around his neck. His fingers traced its familiar shape, and he closed his eyes, letting memories wash over him.

FLASHBACK

One day, Wonwoo, fled the house, running through the empty streets in search of comfort while tears streaming down his cheeks as he couldn't no longer take the torment from his step-sister, Ji hye any longer. His parents had passed away, leaving him alone to face her relentless abuse. 

Ji-hye's frustration filled the room as she scolded Wonwoo, her voice sharp and impatient. "Wonwoo, why can't you do anything right? Look at this mess! You're seven years old, but you act like a baby!"

Tears welled up in Wonwoo's eyes as he replied, his voice trembling with sadness. "I'm sorry, Ji-hye noona. I tried to clean up, but it's hard."

"Sorry doesn't fix anything!" Ji-hye snapped back, her impatience evident. "You can't even find a job. No one wants to hire a little kid like you!"