Chapter 14: Reunion and Resolve

Inside, the mansion is cloaked in silence, the soft ticking of a clock marking the passage of time. The air feels cool and slightly heavy, carrying a sense of profound tranquility, the silence in Wonwoo's mansion was only interrupted by the occasional rustle of the trees outside. The grandeur of the mansion contrasted with the intimate moment Hoshi and Wonwoo shared in the dimly lit hallway.

After their emotional reunion, they made their way to the spacious living room. The soft glow from the fireplace cast warm shadows, creating a cozy atmosphere. They settled onto a plush sofa, still processing the whirlwind of emotions that had just transpired.

"Foxy I.. mean Wonwoo," Hoshi began, his voice soft and reflective, "I can't believe it's really you. After all these years, I finally found you."

Wonwoo smiled gently, his eyes glistening with unshed tears. "I've missed you too, Hoshi. Every single day."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few moments, the weight of their shared past hanging in the air. Wonwoo then got up and walked over to a small cabinet. He opened it and pulled out a worn photo album, its edges frayed with time.

"I've kept this all these years," Wonwoo said, handing the album to Hoshi. "It has all our memories, from the days in the garden."

Hoshi carefully opened the album, his eyes widening as he saw the familiar faces and places. The polaroid photos of the secret garden, flowers, butterflies, and some shaky and unclear photos of Wonwoo brought a flood of nostalgia.

"Remember this?" Hoshi asked, pointing to a picture of a butterfly perched on a flower. "We spent hours trying to get this shot."

Wonwoo chuckled, leaning closer to see the photo. "Yeah, I remember. And you were so proud when we finally did. Look at this one," he said, flipping the page to reveal a blurry photo of a young Wonwoo laughing. "You took this when I was trying to avoid the camera."

Hoshi laughed, a sound that was both joyful and bittersweet. "You always hated having your picture taken."

As they flipped through the pages, they talked about their childhood, reminiscing about the hidden garden where they spent countless hours. Each memory seemed to strengthen their bond, reinforcing the connection they had thought was lost forever.

"I can't believe how much time has passed," Hoshi said softly, his fingers tracing the edges of a photo of the two of them together, smiling widely.

"Time may have passed, but our bond hasn't changed," Wonwoo replied, his voice full of emotion. "We'll always have these memories."

Just then, the sound of footsteps echoed through the mansion. Wonwoo tensed, his eyes narrowing as he turned towards the source. Hoshi looked up, concerned.

"Who's there?" Wonwoo called out, his voice firm.

From the shadows emerged Mingyu, he looked slightly surprised to see Hoshi but quickly masked it with a polite smile.

"Sorry to interrupt, Wonwoo. I just came to check on you," Mingyu said, his gaze shifting between the two of them. "Is everything alright?"

Wonwoo nodded, though his expression remained guarded. "Yes, everything's fine. Hoshi and I were just... catching up."

Mingyu nodded, though his eyes showed a hint of curiosity but understood that Hoshi somehow knew that Wonwoo was his childhood friend. "Alright. If you need anything, you know where to find me."

With that, Mingyu turned and left, leaving Hoshi and Wonwoo alone once more. Hoshi couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Mingyu's visit than he let on, but he chose to focus on the present moment with Wonwoo.