Chapter 18: Bonds Strengthened

Hoshi took a deep breath, trying to digest everything Wonwoo had revealed. His mind buzzed with a mix of emotions—concern for Wonwoo's safety, anger towards Joo-wan, and a newfound appreciation for Wonwoo's complex life. Finally, he spoke softly, "Wonwoo, I need some time to process all of this. I... I think I should go home for now."

Wonwoo's expression flickered with concern, his brows furrowing slightly. "Alone?"

Hoshi nodded, meeting Wonwoo's gaze with understanding. "I'll be okay. I just need some space to think. I promise I'll be careful."

Wonwoo hesitated, torn between wanting to keep Hoshi close and respecting his friend's need for space. "Alright," he finally relented, though reluctance tinged his voice. "But promise me you'll text me when you get home safely."

"I promise," Hoshi replied sincerely, his eyes reflecting gratitude and warmth. "Thank you for telling me everything, Wonwoo. I'll see you soon."

With a lingering glance, Hoshi left Wonwoo's mansion, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside him. As he drove home, his thoughts raced, replaying the revelations and the intensity of his conversation with Wonwoo. Despite the heaviness of the situation, he couldn't shake the feeling of relief that Wonwoo had finally confided in him.

Arriving at his apartment, Hoshi took a moment to gather himself before texting Wonwoo as promised. He then settled into his quiet space, surrounded by familiar comforts that now seemed a world away from the complexities of Wonwoo's life.

Meanwhile, back at the mansion, Wonwoo paced restlessly in his study, his thoughts consumed by worry for Hoshi's safety and the looming threat from Joo-wan. Mingyu entered quietly, sensing his boss's unease.

"Boss, Hoshi left," Mingyu informed him, his tone respectful yet concerned.

Wonwoo nodded tersely, his jaw set in determination. "Make sure he gets home safely, Mingyu. Keep an eye on him."

Mingyu hesitated, knowing that Wonwoo's protective instincts were at odds with the danger that lurked in the shadows. "Boss, are you sure it's wise to involve Hoshi further? It could put him in more danger."

"He needs to know the truth," Wonwoo replied firmly, his gaze steely. "And I won't let Joo-wan use him against me. Hoshi's safety is my priority."

Mingyu nodded in understanding, acknowledging Wonwoo's resolve. "Understood, Boss. I'll keep an eye on him discreetly."

As Hoshi settled back into his apartment, the weight of Wonwoo's revelations hung heavy on his mind. Sitting on his couch, he stared blankly at the wall, trying to make sense of everything. "Am I scared of Wonwoo?" he asked himself quietly. The answer came surprisingly easily—no, he wasn't scared of Wonwoo himself. In fact, the idea of Wonwoo being a mafia boss didn't evoke fear in him. What truly unsettled him was the thought of Wonwoo being in danger because of his dangerous life.

"I've never felt threatened by Wonwoo," Hoshi murmured to himself, running a hand through his hair. "But knowing what he's involved in... It's terrifying to think of him facing danger every day."

He recalled Wonwoo's tense expression when he'd mentioned leaving alone. "He's already scared to leave me alone," Hoshi realized, his thoughts racing. "I could see it in his eyes. He cares about me enough to worry, even though he tries to hide it."

Hoshi stood up suddenly, a sense of determination settling over him. He reached for his phone, typing out a message to Wonwoo.

Hoshi: Hey Wonwoo, I've been thinking. I want to stay with you for a while. I know you're worried, and I want to be there for you. Let me know if it's okay.