Chapter 15: Bonds Strengthen

The next morning, sunlight streamed through the tall windows of the mansion, casting a warm glow on the plush living room. Hoshi stirred awake, momentarily disoriented by his unfamiliar surroundings. He noticed the blanket draped over him and the empty chair nearby, where Wonwoo must have sat watching over him.

Hoshi's heart swelled with a mix of gratitude and affection. He stretched and looked around, finally spotting Wonwoo after coming down the stairs, a soft smile on his face.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Wonwoo greeted, his voice light yet warm.

Hoshi rubbed his eyes, smiling back. "Morning. Did you stay up all night?"

Wonwoo shook his head. "No, I got some sleep too."

As Hoshi stretched once more, he remembered his obligations for the day. "I need to get to the hospital," he said, looking at Wonwoo. "My internship is ending, and I need to be there today to get my official posting."

Wonwoo's heart sank slightly. The thought of Hoshi encountering danger at the hands of Joo-wan made him uneasy. However, he masked his concern with a supportive smile. "Of course, Hoshi. You should go. It's an important day for you."

Hoshi smiled gratefully. "Thank you for understanding. I promise I'll catch up with you later."

Wonwoo nodded, but a part of him didn't want Hoshi to leave. He couldn't shake the feeling that something might happen. As he watched Hoshi gather his things, a thought crossed his mind—a thought he quickly dismissed.

Marrying Hoshi... it was a wild idea, but it would keep him safe and he could keep Hoshi to himself by having Hoshi with 24/7. No, that's not the right way, Wonwoo chastised himself. 

Before leaving, Hoshi turned to Wonwoo. "If you're free and don't have any meetings, you can come to my place whenever you feel like it."

Wonwoo's eyes softened at the invitation. "I'd like that, Hoshi. I'll definitely take you up on that offer."

With a final smile, Hoshi headed out, leaving Wonwoo with a mix of emotions. He couldn't shake the worry gnawing at him, but he also felt a sense of hope. Maybe, just maybe, they could find a way to navigate these challenges together.

As Hoshi walked to his car, he couldn't help but think about the past night's reunion. Finding Wonwoo had been a miracle, and he was determined not to let anything come between them again.

As Hoshi walked into the hospital, he was immediately greeted by Dr. Lee, one of the senior doctors.

"Congratulations, Hoshi!" Dr. Lee said with a warm smile, extending his hand. "You've done exceptionally well during your internship."

"Thank you, Dr. Lee," Hoshi replied, shaking his hand. "I've learned so much here."

Dr. Kim, another senior doctor, joined them. "We'll miss having you as an intern, Hoshi, but we're thrilled to have you as a permanent part of our team now."

"Thanks, Dr. Kim," Hoshi responded, feeling a sense of pride and accomplishment.

As Hoshi made his way through the hospital, he encountered several of his fellow interns.

"Hey, Hoshi!" called out Min-ji, one of his closest friends among the interns. "Congratulations on the official posting!"

"Thanks, Min-ji," Hoshi replied, grinning. "Same to you! I heard you got placed in the ER as me."

"Yep, looks like we'll be seeing a lot of action," Min-ji said, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

They continued chatting as they walked toward the staff lounge, where a small celebration had been arranged for the new employees.