Chapter 1: Deceptive Desires

Kwon Soonyoung aka Hoshi, is a final year medical student from a well-to-do family, who is currently doing his internship at Sunrise Memorial Hospital, which is one of the largest and top hospitals in Seoul. He was eagerly making his way to meet So Young during his lunch break. So Young, the love of his life, seemed to be the perfect match for him - beautiful, successful, and charming. Little did Hoshi know, So Young had her own hidden agenda.

As Hoshi walked through the hospital corridors, his mind buzzed with thoughts of So Young. He couldn't wait to see her dazzling smile and feel her warm embrace. To him, she was the epitome of grace and elegance, the woman he had always dreamed of.

Meanwhile, So Young was busy at her job as a fashion designer, meticulously planning her next collection. She was stunning, there was no denying that, but beneath her glamorous exterior lay a heart filled with ambition and greed.

From the moment So Young met Hoshi, she saw him as her ticket to a life of luxury and extravagance. His prestigious family background and promising medical career were like a golden opportunity she couldn't resist. She enjoyed the perks of dating someone from a wealthy family, indulging in lavish dinners and expensive gifts.

However, So Young's affection for Hoshi was superficial at best. She was a gold digger, driven by a desire for material wealth and social status. While Hoshi showered her with love and attention, So Young's loyalty wavered, her eyes wandering to greener pastures.

Hoshi couldn't wait to spend precious moments with the woman he loved. His heart was beating just as it did when he confessed his feelings to So Young three years ago.

Hoshi quickly made his way to the nearby café, his excitement building with each step. The café, a quaint little place with cozy seating and a warm atmosphere, was their usual spot. As he entered, he immediately spotted So Young at a corner table, looking as elegant as ever in her designer attire. She seemed engrossed in her phone, barely noticing his arrival.

"So Young!" Hoshi called out, his face lighting up with a broad smile.

So Young looked up and forced a smile, though her eyes remained cold. "Hoshi, you're here," she replied, her tone devoid of warmth. She had reluctantly agreed to meet him, knowing she had to maintain the facade of a loving girlfriend to keep the benefits flowing.

Hoshi sat down across from her, reaching out to hold her hand. "I missed you," he said sincerely. "How has your day been?"

So Young withdrew her hand under the table and gave a brief, disinterested summary of her day at work, focusing more on the difficulties she faced rather than the achievements. She wanted to elicit sympathy from Hoshi, to remind him of how hard her life was despite the luxury he provided.

Hoshi listened attentively, offering comforting words and reassuring smiles. "You work so hard, So Young. I'm so proud of you."

She glanced at him, her mind already drifting to thoughts of her next shopping spree. "Thanks, Hoshi," she said, her tone flat. She couldn't muster the enthusiasm to engage in a genuine conversation, but she knew she had to keep him interested.

Hoshi, oblivious to her true feelings, continued to talk about his day, sharing interesting cases and stories from the hospital. He genuinely believed they had a special connection, that their relationship was built on mutual respect and love.

"So Young, I was thinking," Hoshi began, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "Once I finish my internship, we should plan a trip together. Just the two of us, somewhere nice and quiet."

So Young's heart sank. The last thing she wanted was to be stuck with him in some secluded place. But she plastered on a smile and nodded. "That sounds wonderful, Hoshi."

As they sat together, the café bustling around them, Hoshi's mind was filled with dreams of a future with So Young. 

She forced herself to smile at Hoshi, but inside, her frustration was mounting. She hated the way he doted on her, the way he was always so eager to please. His unwavering affection suffocated her, and the constant attention felt more like a burden than a blessing.

She remembered the first time she saw him at a social event. Hoshi was charming, intelligent, and from a family that had everything she ever wanted. At first, it seemed like the perfect opportunity. She played the role of the loving girlfriend, enjoying the gifts, the fancy dinners, and the prestige that came with dating someone from a well-to-do family. But over time, the façade became harder to maintain.

Hoshi's genuine kindness and sincerity grated on her. He was too perfect, too good-hearted, and it made her feel trapped. She couldn't stand the way he looked at her, with those eyes filled with love and adoration. It reminded her of how fake her own feelings were.

"So Young, are you okay?" Hoshi's concerned voice broke through her thoughts.

She blinked and forced another smile. "I'm fine, just tired," she lied.

Hoshi reached across the table, gently touching her hand. "I know you're under a lot of stress. I wish I could do more to help you."

The irony of his words almost made her laugh. If only he knew how much she despised him for his kindness, how she longed to be free from his cloying affection. But she needed him, at least for now. His family's wealth and connections were her ticket to the life she dreamed of.

As their meeting drew to a close, Hoshi insisted on walking her back to her studio. She agreed, not wanting to raise suspicion. They walked in silence, Hoshi occasionally glancing at her with concern.

At the door of her studio, Hoshi turned to her. "I love you, So Young. I can't wait for our future together."

She nodded, feeling a pang of guilt that quickly turned into annoyance. "I love you too, Hoshi," she replied, the words tasting bitter in her mouth.

Once he was gone, So Young slumped against the door, exhaustion and frustration washing over her. She hated this charade, hated how she had to pretend to be someone she wasn't. But she knew she had to endure it a little longer.