Chapter 15: The Origin of Herobrine (Shiloh POV)

*Shiloh POV*

"Oh come on! I thought I was actually joking!" Judah complained after Josiah showed us the book that he found in the cave.

"We're dead. We're all dead!" Micah cried as he fell to the ground dramatically.

I was a little confused, because I didn't know who this "Herobrine" character was. "Who is this 'Herobrine' person? Why are you guys reacting like that?" I asked.

"Herobrine is the most infamous entity in the Overworld in Minecraft, which is where we are now," Elijah explained grimly. "He stalks players for no reason as far as we know, he leaves trees leafless and they can't grow back for unknown purposes, makes weird two-by-two tunnels probably to trap players in them, and Redstone Torches follow his moves."

"I should have realized sooner!" Judah exclaimed. "All of those signs we passed by earlier. That was definitely Herobrine stalking us."

"Hey Daniel, he kinda looks like you. Except for the fact that he has blinding white eyes that give you chills," Josiah commented.

"What?" Daniel said in a slightly higher pitch. He sounded offended at the fact that his enemy was similar to him.

"No, he's not wrong," Elijah inspected closer. "They both have the cyan shirt, the blue jeans..."

"My hair is not that brown," Daniel opposed.

"Okay, okay, enough. I get it," I stopped them from interrogating each other. "We need a plan. Judah, do you have any idea on how we can find Herobrine? We need more information."

"All I know is that you need a bunch of gold, a block of Netherrack, four Redstone Torches, and a Flint and Steel. You can summon him that way. At least, that's what I got from watching hours of YouTube mod tutorials," he said.

"Was it Dark Corners?" Micah asked.

(A/N: OG Minecrafters hopefully know who this YouTuber is.)

"It was Dark Corners," Judah confirmed.

"That guy does not use mods, Judah. He's legit!" Micah accused. "We all know that Herobrine is fake! For all we know, this could all be some sick joke that someone is playing on us!" Judah countered.

(A/N: Now play the song: "Chasing the Truth" by Dream Cave)

"Why is Herobrine fake?" I asked.

"That is a very, VERY, long story," Daniel answered. "We have plenty of time as far as we know. Take it away, Josiah," Elijah said.

(A/N: This is not the real video, but it is pretty dang accurate.)

"Alright then, Herobrine was first introduced way back in the very early stages of Minecraft. This was before any multiplayer options were available. Someone was wandering around a world when they came across a mountain. To the left of the mountain just off in the distance, you can barely see some sort of humanoid mob with blinding white eyes, the only thing you could notice about it in the fog.