Chapter 22: The First Treasure Bastion (Shiloh POV)

*Shiloh POV*

Herobrine and I materialized above a humongous, broken down structure.  Looking down, I could see a whole heap of gold blocks in the middle of a floor of practically all lava, sort of like a cornucopia of treasure.  I could understand now why this specific bastion was classified as "Treasure".

Along with the 9 or 10 blocks of gold, I just barely noticed a handful of chests.  That must be where we get the Netherite.

I started to make my way down the center of the bastion, but Herobrine stopped me.

"Wait, Shiloh," he warned.  "We have to be careful.  There are some types of Piglins that will attack you even if you have gold armor on.  These are called Piglin Brutes."

"How are they different from regular Piglins?  Well, besides that," I asked.  "One way you can spot them is by their clothing.  They wear some sort of black smock with a belt, while regular Piglins have a brown smock."

(A/N: Now play the song "Bad Dreams" by Mary Riddle until you get to 0:32 seconds.)

"Do Piglin Brutes also carry gold axes?" I asked, worriedly.

"Yes... how'd you know?" Herobrine answered.

"Well... let's just say that we might wanna... RUN!" I yelled.  A Brute had already noticed us and started its pursuit as soon as we entered the bastion.

(A/N: Okay, you can stop the music now.)

Herobrine didn't run though.  He whipped out a lava bucket, placed some blocks to block the humanoid pig's path, and poured the lava on top of it. After a few seconds of waiting, it died.

"Here," he tossed the lava bucket to me. "I have an extra. If you encounter more of the Brutes, build up three or four blocks and pour lava off the side of your tower."

"Why can't you teleport us to the center?" I asked. "Wouldn't it just be easier that way?"

"If I keep teleporting you everywhere, you wouldn't get the full satisfaction and experience of Minecraft," he explained.

Eh, makes sense, I thought as I shrugged.

"Be on the lookout. Piglins will start to swarm us if we don't open these chests carefully," he advised. "Once we open a chest, they will all start to chase us."

"I'll keep that in mind," I replied as I stepped down cautiously into the structure.  Upon entering the halls, I immediately noticed the smell of ancient ruin.  It was like this place had been here for ages.  I could also see small lanterns dangling from the ceiling.  They looked as if they would fall and break any second.

I turned a corner and found myself staring down a long hallway with double chests spread evenly along the wall. 

"I'll let you keep anything you find in here," Herobrine said, catching me off guard.  "Seeing as you don't have supernatural powers like me."

Wow, thanks for pointing that out, I thought sarcastically as I began to open up the chests.  The first chest had a bunch of useless items scattered around, such as string, chains, and a small amount of iron nuggets.  However, what really caught my eye was a block that reminded me of the trees that could be found in this biome.  It had the similar pattern of vines, and the top of the block looked like a stem of the tree.

Except this block was not wood.  It had a browner, almost maroon sort of color.

"Is this Netherite?" I asked Herobrine excitedly.  "Kind of," he answered.  "You need four of those to make a full ingot, but you also need to smelt the blocks.  That will turn them into scraps.  But after that, you'll need to combine the four scraps with gold ingots to make just one Netherite ingot."

"Well great!" I exclaimed sarcastically.  "And Elijah expects me to make enough for a full set of armor.  That's..." I did the math in my head.  "16 Ancient Debris!"

"Looks like you've got a long way to go," Herobrine smirked.  "Good luck!"

Ugh!  Why do I have to do this again? I complained to myself.

"Welp, we don't have a lot of time.  Let's go," I grumbled, keeping a lookout for anything that could harm me.  Or worse...