The Rain Came Pouring

(Per request of @/Lucy891387 !)

TAYLOR'S POV

Me and Travis are on a little vacation with his family. His parents, Jason and his kids, and Kylie are here.

There's a sweet little pool. There's a pool in the backyard of the place we're renting. It's 3 AM, and I can't sleep, so I decide to get in my swim wear and get in the pool.

I turn on the lights using my phone, then climb in. It's a little cold, but refreshing. I do a few lazy laps.

"Seems like–" I hear, and get startled.

"Wow! Uh... hey, Ky." I say, my heart racing.

"Hey. Didn't mean to scare ya." She giggles, climbing in the pool with me

"What were you going to say before?" I smile.

"Seems like someone's got the same idea as me." She grins, floating on her back with me.

"Oh. Great minds think alike, right?" I chuckle.

"Yep. What're you doing up? Last time I checked, Travis isn't a snorer." She says, and I giggle.

"My legs decided to get restless for the first time in a while, and I was bored, so I decided to get in here." I explain.

"Ah. Restless legs are the worst. Sometimes I get them when I get all comfortable." She groans at the thought, earning a chuckle from me.

We talk for a while. After thirty minutes, she decides to go back to sleep, and I go back too. I dry myself off, getting back in my pyjamas and cuddling up to Travis.

~

During the afternoon, we start having lunch. Getting in the pool isn't exactly on my to-do list right now, until I hear Kylie.

"Elliotte?" She calls out, looking around. Me and Jason turn our heads to look at the commotion. We can't find the little girl.

I get up, the family basically hunting for her. I hear faint cries from outside, immediately dashing to the pool. Elliotte is in the deep end, unable to keep herself up.

Fully clothed and thankful for my black shirt to cover me, I jump into the pool without a second thought, going to grab her. It's fucking cold in these clothes, the weather outside doing no justice.

I grab Elliotte.

"Shh, shh, it's okay. It's okay." I murmur, swimming to the edge with her. Kylie takes her once I set the distressed toddler out the pool, then I climb out.

I shiver as the cold hits me like a bitch, Travis wrapping me with a towel and drying me off.

"You are brave as hell for that. Come inside." He smiles, holding my shivering frame close as he helps me in. Donna pats me on the shoulder as I pass her.

He can't figure out how to start the fireplace, which is typical of him. He takes me to the shower, making sure it's hot enough to my liking and getting in with me.

He holds me close, watching my shaking start to calm down.

"Thank you." I softly sigh, pressing my lips to his chest.

"I think I should be thanking you. You are so fucking brave, and I am going to tell you this a million more times." He murmurs as he kisses my hair.

Eventually, after the shower, we dry up and get clothed. I head back into the living room, the family praising me. I see Kylie holding Elliotte. The toddler is in newer clothes, so I'm glad she's okay.

Over the next few days of the vacation, they talk about my heroic actions every now and then.

I smile to myself every time. I literally saved a life, isn't that crazy?

-
(i loved this request! and i'm also definitely not trying to get my mind off the crazy Over The Fence cliffhanger. READ IT. it's by shiningjustforyou13)