Chapter 13

⚠️‼️Mentions of Suicide‼️⚠️

Julia's POV

Today is the day. October 29th. I'm going to remember this day forever! It's the day I'm going to go see one of my favorite musicals of all time! What makes it better is that Halloween is only two days away, so it's the perfect time to go and see it. I've only ever seen two musicals before, Wicked and Mean Girls, because my parents don't like the idea of spending money to go and see a two and a half hour show. They would rather spend money on things that we actually need. I got my outfit picked out and I decided to go with a little black dress that gives off funeral vibes. I'm also going to add some black jewelry and makeup to complete the look. They have two shows today, one at 2:00 and one at 8:00. I'm going to the one at 8:00 and Elizabeth said Lily and I could hang out backstage with her before the second show! This is literally a dream come true! I feel like I'm going to faint and I'm not even there yet! I'll text Lily to see if she wants to meet up anywhere before the show or if we'll just meet at the theatre.

Julia: Hi! I'm so excited for tonight!!! Also do you want to meet up somewhere before we get there, or should we just meet up there?

Lily: I'm sorry Julia, but I can't make it tonight.

It felt like heart got shattered into a million pieces.

Julia: What!? Why??? :(

Lily: I don't really want to talk right now.

Julia: What's going on? Lily, are you okay?

Lily: Just leave me alone.

That was a little harsh. I wonder what's up with her? Also why can't she go? She was fine yesterday. I checked the time and it was 11:23. Maybe I still have time to catch Elizabeth before she goes to the Marquis. I grabbed my phone and rushed to the door. "Mom I'm going out! I'll be back soon! Bye!" I didn't even hear what she said back because I was already running down the street.

I knocked on her door, hoping that she was still here. I heard shuffling around in there so someone has to be there. "Elizabeth! Lily! It's me, Julia!" I yelled. Maybe if they knew it was me, they would let me in. I waited outside a little longer and just as I was about to give up and go home, Elizabeth poked her head out from behind the door. "Hi, can I come in?" I asked. "If you're here for Lily, shes not here." Elizabeth said. She look upset and maybe a bit angered? "Oh, ok." We sat in awkward silence for a moment until I finally spoke up. "Do you know where she went, or when she will be back?" Elizabeth let out a big sigh and looked at the ground "She went back to her parent's house, and she won't be coming back." I'm sorry, what did she just say? Last time I checked Lily had been fine living with Elizabeth. Now she just wants to leave and not come back? Why? Elizabeth noticed my shocked expression, and asked me if I wanted to come inside. A few moments later, I was sitting across from her at a table in the corner of a room.

I had so many thoughts and questions going through my head, but I narrowed it down to just one to ask. "Why would she just leave without saying goodbye? She loved it here!" Elizabeth looked up from fiddling with her hands. "I don't know, but she said that she wanted to go back to her parent's house, so I'm not going to go drag her back here if that's not what she wants." She had a fair point, but I still don't know why she would want to go back. She always complained to me about how much her parents hated each other, and that she just wanted to get away from them. I mean yeah, she would have had to go back tomorrow anyways, but she went yesterday willingly. Something is definitely wrong, and I'm going to figure out what it is.

Lily's POV

I feel so bad for ditching Julia tonight. I was supposed to go with her to see a musical that she has been dying to see for the past 2 years, and I walked away from her and that opportunity. Not only did I walk  away from her, I also walked away from Elizabeth. All she has ever done is given me support, and when it was finally my time to give her some I just left her without even giving her a proper goodbye. Wow, I really am a terrible friend. I'm also a terrible daughter. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone decided to ditch me. I kind of deserve it at this point. All of my life people have been there for me when I needed them to be. They have given me love and respect, and what do I give them back? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I feel like that man in the car. He had everything wonderful in front of him, but for some reason he decided to just pull the trigger.

What if I pulled the trigger? Would anyone even care? I don't think so. I don't even think anyone would come to my funeral. Why am I such a disappointment? I can't do this anymore! I looked around at the scene in front of me. A kitchen. Perfect. I grabbed one of the knives that my dad always used to make us breakfast every morning when I was younger. The memories. The good times when I would wake up and run down the stairs because I smelled bacon. The good times when my family would do game nights and my mom would always lose at Monopoly. The good times when we would all get snuggled up on the couch and binge watching movies before we would all pass out. The good times when my family wasn't broken. The good times when I felt like my heart wasn't always shattered into pieces. The good times when I didn't have to practice fake smiling in the mirror so everyone thought I was okay.

Im not okay. I shoved my hand in my pocket and felt something crumpled up inside it. I took it out and carefully unfolded it and saw three smiling faces looking back at me. I held the photo in my hands as tears were streaming profusely down my face. I thought of the memories that I was never going to get back, and I raised the knife and aimed it at my broken heart. I took a deep breath and started pulling the knife closer.

Wait. Am I really about to do this?

_______________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry that this chapter is very depressing, and could be triggering for some people.

If any of you need to talk I'm here <3.

Anyways this chapter might suck because I wrote the second half of it at 2:00 am so yeah, I'm tired, and I'm going to bed now.

Anyways now to make this more lighthearted.

Beetlejuice the Musical Trivia Question 2:

At the end of the musical when Beetlejuice is giving his dramatic goodbyes, what nickname does he call Lydia?

Comment your answers below!

Thanks for reading!

1255 Words