Chapter 19: Fritz Donnagen is weird

Evie's POV

"Well......shit"

Kai who clutched his nose and yelled "Have you lost your mind?"

Evie examined her fist "Blame your nose, it connected with my fist"

"Umm" Lloyd pointed at kai "you punched him"

"No, I didn't" Evie said "his nose lightly bumped my hand"

"Maybe that is enough uno" said Jay as he put the cards away.

Kai's nose was leaving behind a trail of blood, which Evie eyed disgusted by the amount of it.

Lloyd for some ungodly reason decided that after their respectfully traumatizing trip it would be great to unwind with friendly games. He claimed that it would help them relax, that they were harmless, friendly and fun.

Evie was definitely having fun, but she didn't think the same could be said for kai.

So far, they have tried rock paper scissors at which the finalist two were kai and Evie and Evie could have sworn that motherfucker had cheated by playing his hand a split second too late, but no one believed her. Kai smirked at her when no one was looking, and she knew that he knew she knew that he cheated.

They later had a friendly competition of arm wrestling at which Evie was Again by luck paired up with kai, Evie knew that she was strong, but her talents always lied at being flexible not strong, so kai had the upper hand and Evie decided to use a ...technique to even the playing field (she stepped on Kai's leg with all her might).

She won that round but lost to Zane who later on lost to Cole the ultimate winner.

Evie accidently tripped Kai over a friendly race. Kai accidently spilled water in Evie's path during a one-legged race. Evie accidently pushed Kai off his dragon in a friendly race of dragons.

If it wasn't clear, Evie had not won any of the games but neither had kai, so she still technically didn't lose.

When the others noticed the pattern, they decided to move on to board games to reduce the risk of physical injuries.

It didn't work.

Cole had to bring out his noise canceling headphones to cover Lloyds ears from the foul language that both kai and Evie were using,

A game of monopoly had turned sour when Evie kept on being imprisoned and kai saying "You got to serve those years in some way" every time she was imprisoned

Every.single.time

So Evie took her sweet, destroying him in a game of charades. She landed her first win for the night granted that it was with jay but that didn't matter.

And the game of uno.... well. Kai accused her of cheating, (which she was) and she punched him when he pulled the pull four card just as she was about to win uno.

As Kai went to get a first aid kit with Zane, the others sat in awkward silence, of course it wasn't long before jay started speaking.

"How about a movie marathon?" he suggested "Nothing violent about that"

"That sounds safe,'' Lloyd said quickly. He approached a stack of DVDs and looked through them. "How about some Fritz Donnegan you can never go wrong with that?"

"What is Fritz Donnegan?" Evie asked.

Evie had committed multiple crimes throughout her lifetime but now they regarded her as if her question was the biggest crime of all.

"You-you don't know who Fritz Donnegan is?" Jay shrieked.

"No" Evie mumbled feeling heat crawl up her neck "I wouldn't be asking if I knew, would I?"