Astrid-nomical

The Lumiose Conference was set. Dozens of Pokémon Trainers who've journeyed around the Kalos Region and earned eight Gym badges have returned to the largest city within the region, ready to become the Conference Champion. After an intense struggle throughout Kalos, Ash got his eight badges: The Bug Badge from Viola in Santalune City, the Cliff Badge from Grant in Cyllage City, the Rumble Badge from Korrina in Shalour City, the Plant Badge from Ramos in Coumarine City, the Voltage Badge from his traveling companion Clemont, the Fairy Badge from Valerie in Laverre City, the Psychic Badge from Olympia in Anistar City and the Iceberg Badge from Wulfric in Snowbelle City. Clemont, Serena and Bonnie, as well as their Pokémon friends, came to support their friend from Pallet. "It's finally here!" he grinned.

"And to think, it's in our backyard!" cheered Bonnie. The group toured around, finding different people, a great portion of them being trainers including a trio the group knew.

"Tierno! Trevor! Shauna!" The three heard Ash's call and turned to the group.

"Hey, hey!" cheered Tierno. "Ash, long time, no see!"

"Serena, how's your wrist?" wondered Shauna. Serena looked to her wrist, injured during the final round against Aria for Kalos Queen.

"It's all good," she assured. "Right now, I'm cheering on for Ash. I bet you're doing the same for Tierno and Trevor." Shauna laughed to Serena's guess. Looking around, he found two other trainers approaching.

"Sawyer!" he called over while waiving. "Alain!" The two came to Ash, excited to see one more in the Conference.

"Ash!" cheered Sawyer. "You finally got your eighth badge?"

"I did, and Greninja and I've become much stronger." Alain chuckled, believing Ash's accomplishment.

"That brim of happiness tells all," he agreed. "Charizard's ready to see how well you do." The rest of the group came to the three.

"Sawyer, I see that you're here as well," Clemont studied.

"Why wouldn't I be!" grinned Sawyer. "I can't wait to take the Conference from any of these guys!" Alain scoffed to Sawyer's confidence.

"Watch yourself," he warned. "There's a lot of competition here that can take you down a peg or two." Just appearing from the corner of their eyes was a young woman.

"Oh, so you two guys know each other!" she surveyed. The group turned to the blond in dark clothing with her Absol.

"Astrid?" guessed Ash. Astrid glanced to Alain sternly.

"I see… So you two have battled in the past?"

"And what's your point?" questioned Alain.

"I'm wondering if you and Ash can give me a run in the Conference." Alain and Ash glared at Astrid to see if she's also ready. Bonnie had other ideas.

"I'm also wondering," Bonnie spoke. Astrid looked down to see Bonnie and Dedenne, the blond girl on a knee. "If you're gonna take care of my brother!" Dedenne squeaked to back his caretaker. Clemont's face bled red in embarrassment.

"Bonnie, I've told you a million times!" he snapped as his Aipom Arm snagged his sister before sprinting off. Bonnie didn't surrender.