E P I S O D E 16

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Ji Eun's POV

As I walk towards my dorm building from the convenience store, the sun sets, casting a warm orange glow on the streets. The gentle breeze carries the smell of street food and the sound of vendors closing up shop for the day. 

I was lost in my thoughts, clutching my bag of groceries when I suddenly noticed a commotion near the university gate.

Curiosity piqued, I quickened my pace and joined the gathering crowd. 

The sight that greets me is unexpected - police cars and an ambulance with flashing lights are parked haphazardly outside the university. Concern creases on my forehead as I try to make sense of the chaos unfolding before my eyes. Students and locals alike are murmuring anxiously, exchanging worried glances, but no one seems to have a clear idea of what's happening.

The air is tense with anticipation as onlookers whisper amongst themselves, their expressions a mix of concern and confusion. I join the crowd, my pulse quickening with each passing moment.

What could have happened to draw such a significant response? 

I stand on my toes, straining to catch a glimpse of the unfolding events beyond the blockade of vehicles. The unknown fills me with a sense of unease, but my curiosity pushes me forward, determined to unravel the mystery shrouding the university gate.

As I was peeping from behind people's shoulders and heads, trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening, a sudden touch on my waist startled me. My heart leaped in my chest, and I spun around, wide-eyed, to see who had touched me. The bustling crowd around me seemed to fade into the background as I searched for the source of the unexpected contact.

A sense of unease crept over me as I scanned the faces nearby, trying to identify the person responsible for the surprise touch. 

Was it a friend trying to get my attention in the chaos or someone else? 

The weight of the unknown hung heavy in the air as I grappled with the sudden intrusion on my personal space. My mind raced with questions, and my senses were on high alert, ready for whatever might come next in this unfolding scene outside the university gate.

As I stood there, startled by the touch on my waist, a wave of unease washed over me. I know I might be overreacting, but ever since Fresher's Night, I can't help but feel a heightened sense of caution and wariness toward others. The events of that night left a mark on me, making me more vigilant and alert in situations that would have seemed harmless before.

The memory of that night lingers in the back of my mind, a constant reminder to be cautious and not let my guard down easily. Trust has become a fragile concept, and every unexpected touch or interaction sets off alarm bells in my mind.