Confession?

Jace's face. That's the last thing I remember before it all went dark. The next thing I know, I'm waking up to the rhythmic beeping of the EKG machine next to me, the dim lights of the room making it less abrasive as everything slowly came into focus. I was in a hospital bed, that's for sure but I had no clue which hospital. While the small room in front of me was becoming clearer, my senses were still hazy, likely due to whatever pain med they currently have me on. Looking over, I could see Jace and Amy quietly talking in the corner, though I couldn't pick up what they were saying.

Parting my lips, I tried to get their attention but could only get out a dry groan, my throat hurting from the action, causing another pained groan to escape. God damn this sucks, but at least the intended result still happened. I watched Jace turn to me and then immediately rush to my side. He grabbed the cup of water that was on the stand next to the bed and held the straw up to me, allowing me to take a drink. My hearing became clearer with each passing moment, and I was able to make out him asking if I was okay. "Yeah..." I managed to get out, trying to fight the effects of whatever they had me on.

"It's the coma inducing medication. They said it would take a while to fully ware off, so you'll be a little out of it for a bit." Jace stated, pulling up a chair to sit next to me. Thank every higher power for this guy and his ability to read the room. "Yay..." I mumbled, earning a laugh from both Jace and Amy. "Lily is here too... had to force her to go eat something. She hasn't left your side since you got out of surgery." He stated in a slightly amused tone, trying to lighten the mood. I gave him a confused look, well as much as I could.  He, in turn, raised a brow at me, as if he was confused as to why I was confused. I mean, she's my friend, yeah, but I don't get why she would feel the need to constantly be at my side. Maybe she feels guilty? I don't know.

"Anyway...uh...the cops tracked her ex down. With the video evidence from the parking lot, he is being charged with stalking, harassment, assult with a deadly weapon, and attempted murder. So psycho baby is going away for a very long time. Why they would let that wack job out in the first place is beyond me, but here we are." Jace stated with a slight grin, though the news still didn't help the pit in my stomach. There was still the fact that Lily hadn't said anything to me about it, yet she felt comfortable enough to tell Jace and Amy. Speaking of Amy, she was being oddly quiet beside Jace, which wasn't like her at all.

Just as I was about to comment on her odd silence, I heard a gasp at the door. Before I could fully look over, Lily was nearly on top of me with her arms wrapped around me as well as she could. Groaning in slight pain, I awkwardly wrapped an arm around her back, returning her awkward hug as much as I could. I could hear her sniffling against my shoulder, making it clear to me that she was trying to fight back tears. "Oh my god..." she rushed out and quickly got off of me, "I'm sorry... Did I hurt you? I'm just so happy you're awake, I'm sorry!" She rambled, an ashamed expression on her face. "I'm fine." I breathed out, trying to ignore the pain in my abdomen.

A silent tension quickly filled the room after my words, all three of them awkwardly looking between each other as if they were having a silent conversation. "Um... I think it's our turn to go eat something. Amy?" Jace stated as he stood up and held his hand out to her. "Right... we will be back in a little while." She mumbled in response before the two quickly made their exit. I wanted to protest, to ask them not to leave me alone with Lily, but they were gone before I could get a word in edge wise. Her rejection still stung deeply, and I really didn't want to be alone with her yet.

But, here I was, staring at my hands in my lap and completely unsure of what to say to her. Though, she took it upon herself to break the silence by saying, "Are you sure you are feeling okay? I really didn't think before I jumped on you, I'm sorry." Her voice was just above a whispered and held so much guilt. It broke my heart to hear her sound like that. I couldn't comfort her the way I wanted. Knowing how she feels about me, it would only make the situation worse for all parties involved, and it killed me. "I'm really fine, Lily." I whispered back, starting to play with my fingers to keep my thoughts at bay. "How long have I been out?" I asked, glancing up at her briefly so I wouldn't look like a complete ass.

"A few days. You lost a lot of blood, but the shot was a complete through and through, so they just had to control the bleeding and stitch you up. We are back home now. The coaches had you moved once you were stable enough." Her voice was much less guilt ridden now, probably by the fact of knowing that I'm okay. Nodding slightly to the information, I leaned my head back and sighed, still trying to find the words to say. "You should probably go get some rest... Jace told me you haven't left since I got out of surgery. You must be exhausted."

I saw Lily fiercly shake her head out of the corner of my eyes, making me look at her with a raised brow. "No. I'm fine. I don't want to leave." She stated firmly and sat on the edge of the bed next to me. "There's actually something I really need to talk to you about. Sort of a confession... about the night of homecoming." She said softly as she took my hand. Confession? Homecoming? Oh Jesus, this can't be good...