chapter forty

Eren pushed the cart while Levi filled it with groceries. Every time he would look at something, the older man would toss it in.

"Levi I didn't even pick that up." Eren laughed as he tossed more food in the cart.

"I saw you eyeing it." He shrugged. When they reached the meat aisle he picked up chicken breast and steak.

Eren rolled his eyes and smiled at the generosity. He looked down another aisle and his smile slowly dropped. However, the guy he was looking at just began developing one.

Levi was too distracted deciding what other meat he should cook for dinner to see what was happening.

Eren pulled his arm. "Come on, let's go."

Levi was about to protest when he noticed why Eren wanted to leave. He wanted to go over to the man but decided against it for Eren's sake.

They finished shopping and checked out with a grand total of $507.67. Eren helped Levi load the bags into the car and shut the trunk when they finished.

"I'll take the cart back." He said and Levi nodded. He got into the drivers seat and started the car.

He watched as Eren walked away and pushed the cart into the holder. Just as he was about to turn back he was stopped by the same man from in the store.

"Leave me alone." Eren almost whispered. The man in front of him grabbed his wrist so he couldn't leave.

"Don't you want to apologize?" Terry scoffed with a grin tugging at his lips. Eren felt his heart beat quicken and his legs go numb.

"I can have you put in jail." Eren managed to mutter. He hadn't looked this man in the eyes in forever and it brought back all the memories he tried to bury.

"They won't believe you." He laughed. Eren winced as his wrist was squeezed tighter.

"But they'll believe me so I suggest you let the fuck go and walk away." Levi said walking up from behind Eren. He stood in front of him and looked down at Terry.

"Again?" Terry rolled his eyes. Levi grabbed his finger and slowly started to bend it backwards until he let go of Eren, nearly breaking it. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He winced.

"I asked once, don't make me ask again." Levi almost growled. But Terry stood his ground.

"I don't get why you care." He argued. "Just walk away and forget about it or this time I'll be the one beating your ass."

"I was really hoping you'd say that." Levi smiled. In one swift movement he grabbed two of Terry's fingers and bent them back causing them to break. Stunned by his broken fingers, he didn't even realize Levi had punched him until he was on the ground.

He screamed in pain and jumped up trying to punch Levi with his good hand. Levi caught his fist and squeezed it. "You should've walked away when I told you to. Don't let me see you again or I will snap your god damn neck." Eren almost threw up as he could hear the bones in Terry's hand break as he screamed. "And if I so much as see you look at my boyfriend again, I won't hesitate to rip your fucking eyes out."

He dropped Terrys hand and the man stared at it in horror. He also had no idea Levi was Eren's boyfriend now. "You might want to see a doctor by the way." Levi called from over his shoulder.

The older man placed a hand on Eren's back and led him back to the truck.

"Woah, Levi!" Hudson called from behind them. They both turned around to face him. "What the hell just happened? Why'd you just shatter his hand?"