My Way To Help

Trigger Warnings : Mentions of forced submission and sexism, sickness, abandonment and possible abusive pack, close-minded tradition, flashback of feeling threatened and vulnerable by an unwelcome visitor coming in his territory ?? (Don't know how to explain it).

Jeongin was dying.

Blinking blearily, his body hot and his nose clogged up, he groaned in agony at the pounding beating his brain against his skull, burying himself under his blanket.

"Hey hey, wake up Inie !" Changbin yelled, coming back freshly showered, "You're gonna be late !"

Jeongin only groaned, ignoring the older's words and hissing when the older pressed his hand against his forehead, "Oh, you've got a fever," he trailed, childish tone disappearing in a blink of an eye, "Sleep then, I'm gonna bring you some painkillers," he murmured, ruffling his hair a bit.

Jeongin hummed, door closing softly and his mind shut down.

"Inie," A soft voice called him and he whined, pressing his face deeper into the pillow. Someone was gently massaging his scalp and he slumped, relaxing, daring to open his eyes.

He turned himself a bit to hear a gentle coo, narrowing his eyes to help them focus on the two persons.

"Hey pup, do you think you can sit up ?"

Jeongin blinked excessively when he finally understood it was Chan sitting at the edge of his bed, Changbin was standing up with a worried pout, "Wha ?"

Chan grinned as he coaxed him into a sitting position, rubbing his back soothingly. Jeongin finally noticed the food placed on his lap.

"It's a warm soup I made," Chan told him, taking off the plastic wrapping the bowl, "do you think you can eat it ?"

Jeongin made a grimace, "No, I'm not hungry," his nose was starting to run and Changbin quickly handed him a handkerchief, the youngest blowing his nose in it loudly.

Chan hummed, "But you can't take your painkillers on an empty stomach, can you eat just a bit ?"

Jeongin sighed, taking the bowl in hands and staring down at it while Changbin was passing his hand through his sweaty bangs, "Why are you here ?" He complained like a child.

Chan smiled, "Bin can't cook, and I wanted to see how you were," he replied easily, not hurt at his wording. After all, being sick wasn't fun, he would clearly be upset about it.

Jeongin snorted while Changbin whined in disagreement, "This isn't true-"

"Sure Bin."

Jeongin brought the edge of the bowl to his lips, taking a few gulps, warmness spreading from his throat to the bottom of his stomach, before he felt the wave of nausea starting to gain ground, putting the bowl back in his lap. "No more."

"I'm proud of you Inie," Chan told him, rubbing the nape of his neck gently and the youngest relaxed a bit more, almost chirping under the soft ministration, "there, you can take some painkillers and sleep," he handed a bottle of water and a pill that the youngest Alpha eagerly swallowed.

"Thank you."

Changbin puckered his lips, "But how did you get sick ?"

Jeongin shrugged as Chan took something from his bag, handing him a box of wet tissues, "Do you want me to clean you up ?"