Chapter 47: In this lifetime.

Thursday, March 7th, 2023
4:45PM
Enid's POV

And a Jay-Z song was on

"So, I put my hands up, they're playin' my song, the butterflies fly away!" I can hear someone yell. Actually no, not someone, multiple someone's. Slowly opening my eyes, I look around me, sitting up straight as I take in the sight. Yoko still driving, one hand on the wheel with the other in the air, Easton and Reggie also with their hands in the air, and Wednesday sitting in the passenger seat seemingly unbothered.

The music is incredibly loud, but everyone appears to be getting along. I rub my eyes, still trying to adjust to being awake.

"I'm noddin' my head like, yeah! Movin' my hips like, yeah!" Three of them sing loudly. I watch as Wednesday turns to look at Yoko.

"I allow you to expose me to new music of any kind...and this is what you decide on?" She questions. Although she hasn't noticed that I'm awake yet, I smirk at the girl.

"Of course, I chose this! Knowing this song is like...an essential to living. Everybody loves this song, it's a hit!" Yoko excitedly responds, Easton and Reggie still dancing to the music to either side of me.

I can see Wednesday roll her eyes from where I'm seated.

"More like a hit in the face." She replies, listening to the lyrics blast throughout the car before continuing.

I got my hands up, they're playin' my song
They know I'm gonna be okay

Wednesday dramatically sighs.

"Seriously, the artists voice alone makes me want to take apart the entire audio system." My girlfriend continues. While I'm not at all supposed, I find it very funny that she isn't fond of the song.

"So now you're insulting Miley Cyrus's voice?" Yoko replies.

"If that's the name of the girl whose vocal range is making me want to slowly cut my ears off...then yes, I am insulting "Miley Cyrus's" voice."

I can't hold back my laugh at her statement, causing her, Yoko, and my brothers to turn their heads in my direction.

"You're awake." Wednesday says, her face still expressionless but I can see a change in her eyes as she looks at me. I nod, smiling at how cute unknowingly she is. "Good. Now we can stop somewhere to get some food."

-
5:05PM

"Okay everybody, do we need to go over the game-plan again?" Yoko asks all of us in the car. We just pulled up to a nearby shopping mall, and when I tell you this shopping mall is huge, I mean it's absolutely massive. I'm not entirely sure where we are, but I know we've been in the car for around eight hours, and everybody could benefit from some time on their feet. "Enid, Wednesday, you both are going to buy car necessities. You would think we would've gotten them prior to us leaving, but we didn't really have any time to fully plan this trip out. Easton, Reggie, you guys are going to buy food, and by food, I mean snacks, don't be dumb, this is the most important role." She clarifies.

I don't know what she's talking about when she says "car necessities." I mean, wouldn't food fall under that category? But me and Wednesday aren't going in to get food, my brothers are doing that. Maybe she's talking about water, air fresheners? Whatever, Wednesday will know what to get.

"Wait, what are you gonna be getting?" Easton asks from the backseat. Everyone turns their heads to Yoko curiously.

"I gotta get myself some clothes. I forgot how conservative y'all's mother is. She already knows I'm a lesbian, don't need her thinking I'm a whore too." She replies in a joking manner, but we all know she's being deadly serious. "Not trying to get myself killed, respectfully of course." She says to the siblings, opening her door and getting out of the car, all of us following behind her, walking into the mall.