Chapter 20. Breaking the Ice with... Ice?!

Previously~~~

"Kinda disrespectful to walk away from an opponent who hadn't been defeated, eh?" a voice came from the ice wall that Shoko had sent.

This made the ice user pause on her tracks as she slowly turned towards the conduit. As soon as she did, her eyes widened at the sight that had met her.

Across her and behind the ice that she had sent towards her opponent was Izuku on one knee with one hand on the ice, on top of the ice, expelling from his arms blue lightning.

Shoko clicked her tongue in annoyance but that's when she looked closely at Izuku's direction. Her eyes widened as a question entered her mind.

Where did that ice pole come from?

----------

"A HUGE AREA OF EFFECT ATTACK FROM SHOKO TODOROKI AS SOON AS THE MATCH STARTED?! SHE AIN'T WASTING TIME!!!" Present Mic said in the commentary. "A strong move! Too bad Midoriya gracefully avoided it!"

The hero's voice was the only type of noise that echoed within the area as the crowd was silent. They just watched Izuku and Shoko continue on doing their staredown. Their positions unmoving as they remained in their spots as soon as the match had begun, Izuku still on top of the ice pillar while Shoko remained on her side of the field. The anticipation was high as the crowd waited for the combatants to engage in combat. 

Among the crowd, sitting on the bleachers is All Might in his skinny form. His eyes are the same as the rest of the crowd, staring at the unmoving duo, waiting for one of them to make their move. Like the rest, he too was anticipating the combatants' next move and a tad bit excited about the fight to commence.

"Aren't those two the ones that jumped in to save you before?" His anticipation was interrupted when Thirteen, still appearing stiff from her injuries she got during the USJ incident, spoke up from beside him.

He nodded, not turning away from the arena below. "Yeah. Somehow, I get a feeling that those two are very similar." he started as he remembered how young Todoroki and young Midoriya had saved him in USJ on separate occasions.

The former saved him from getting his body snapped in half by encasing the Nomu and the latter saving him by jumping in to fight the villainous abomination, and was even successful in killing the abomination that almost killed the hero.

Both students stepped up to protect him, even if the stakes and risks were high. Both having amazing combative prowess and quirks and/or conduit abilities in their disposal.

Toshinori knows well that both students have the capability to surpass him when it comes to raw strength. Hell, maybe young Midoriya had already surpassed me in that department. He thought as he remembered his newly awakened lightning abilities that he had shown in the Cavalry Battle. Though, he was curious where the young conduit or since when did young Midoriya had acquired such a strong ability, it was no longer his business.

All he knows is that young Midoriya is such a force to be reckoned with, probably having the capability to become the strongest conduit since the awakening of the conduit genes. Good luck to the both of you, young Midoriya, young Todoroki.

----------

In the field, Todoroki watched as Izuku slowly stood up from his crouched position on top of the ice pole that he was on. She was still confused as to how that ice pole he was standing on had appeared from out of nowhere. As if he had created it, but that was impossible. Midoriya is a conduit, yes, he has smoke and lightning powers but not ice.