All These Things I've Done

Before the next episode starts its now the weekend and its the twins birthday everyone is gathering at James' house as its the biggest. Carina and Maya have been round since early this morning helping them set it up and get the pictures of the twins with props about being 1 and it being their 1st Birthday, its now just after dinnertime.

Beckett: So what does one do at a first birthday party?

Mia: Its mainly about showing up for them, there's just going to be a lot of baby cuddles and we have a couple of games planned but the parents and grownups will have to help.

Maya: its just about making memories.

Theo: You don't have to be here you can always leave if you want, but you asked to come.

Beckett: Whoa chill out I was just asking I've never been to a first birthday party.

Mia: If your looking for something to do you could always go and supervise the water table. 

Beckett: I should have kept my mouth shut. 

Mia: Alright if there's anyone who wants to go to the water table if you follow Sean hes gonna supervise!!

James: Free play is ready over there now.

Mia: And the ball pit?

Jack: Just putting the net on it around the edge so that they cant climb out and hurt them selves.

Mia: Okay free play is also ready now over in that corner and the ball pit is about ready just give them 5  minutes?!!

Travis: Whoa more like 10 minutes this is complicated you know and we want to make sure we get it right. 

Mia: Okay, Okay 10 minutes!!!

The party is a huge success and Maya and Carina stay to help clean up as well as Vic and Andy. The episode starts. The episode is two days after the twins birthday. The scene between Ben and Carina does happen but Carina doesn't go on a tangent about not moving back in straight away because I already wrote that scene and I'm not changing it. That being said what she says to Ben out loud even though she doesn't say it in the book doesn't mean she couldn't be thinking it. After Reggie and his wife stop by the station as they are leaving James and Mia are walking in with the twins.

Ben: Hey you guys, do you need help getting upstairs?

Mia: No I think we're gonna get set up in the back, Are the team on a call?

Ben: Yeah they shouldn't be long until they're back, Carina is here somewhere.

Mia: No rush just when you next see her let her know we're over here.

Ben: You got it. Also I want to talk to you about Maya but uhm I've gotta get back to the desk right now.

Mia: Okay ill just put my stuff down and then me and one of these little moneys will come and see you at the desk. 

After the scene between Beckett and Hughes talking about therapy whilst playing basket ball.

Mia: Okay I'm here what about Maya? 

Ben: I just wondered why you hadn't moved back in with Maya yet?

Mia: Because to be honest I'm not ready to move back in yet, the twins are growing up and are gonna start remembering stuff soon so I just want to make sure what happened before isn't gonna happen again before moving all our stuff back. Plus Maya and Carina said they were exploring their options as Carina didn't feel like she could stay at the apartment anymore. 

Ben: Well i just thought you should know that Bishop passed up the opportunity to become Captain this morning. I think that shows some good progress. 

Carina and Chief Ross walk in in conversation and Ben starts going on to tell Carina about what Maya did this morning. The team gets back after about 45 minutes deep in argument and conversation. Something about Vic who I notice is missing and the car wash which I'm guessing was their last call. After Theo has told Maya to take the rest of the shift off to make sure she's okay.

Maya: Oh hello all of you I'm going home in a minute I got stuck in a car wash on the last call so I've been told to take the rest of the shift off. 

Mia: Where's Auntie Vic?

Maya: Apparently nobody knows so if you find her tell her to check in with anyone from the station. 

James: Well we should probably be going home too.

Mia: Yeah maybe, are you two going to the apartment or coming to James'??

Maya: I'm going to find Carina and then we will probably go back to the apartment.

Mia: Okay well we will see you soon. 

When they get home they put the twins to bed about 7pm before watching the news and finding out that Robel is gonna be the new Mayor.

James: Oh my god they did it.

Mia: You have no idea what this means, Seattle isn't gonna be run by someone like Dixon anymore. They're going to be so happy. 

James: I know your dying to go call them.

Mia: Are you sure?

James: Go just don't be too long.

Mia calls the station to congratulate Travis especially on winning and joins in a bit of the celebrations before going back down to James and they watch a movie before going to bed. 

The day after Mia and James get back from school and picking up the twins to find Maya and Carina there.

Mia: Oh, what are you two doing here?

Maya: It's nothing bad don't worry I just, I forgot to give you this yesterday its an invitation to the firefighters ball on Saturday. I thought we could go shopping for a dress after school on Wednesday. Unfortunately the invitation is only for you and the twins, the ball is at full capacity I've tried to get you in James.

James: Well thank you for that Maya but my parents will be here so I wont be on my own we will probably end up playing a board game or watching a movie or something. 

Mia: So you don't mind if me and the twins go? 

James: Of course not you guys should go and be with your family, Ben is getting award he will want you and the twins there.

Mia: Okay I'll see you on Wednesday Maya.

Maya: James you can come with us on Wednesday if you would like, we can get some food whilst we're out.

James: Sure I'll let the workers know not to do anything for tea on Wednesday.

Carina: Well i say we all get ready and go and get in the pool for a bit.

Mia: Its winter?

James: Hot tub then?

Maya: Now you're talking my language.

Okay so I've started writing on my laptop but it leaves the gap in between the lines but I'm.not changing it now do this is probably how its gonna look from now on.