~45~

3 years later.

(Cordelia's POV)

Three years from mine and Massimo's wedding.

A year ago Laura left us but didn't leave the country. She met a man and moved to live with him into a house on a beach. She sends a lot of pictures every week and sometimes we have lunch together.

Nolan on the other hand moved to live with Diego, with us under the same roof and it didn't take too much time for Nolan to propose. Diego said yes and they are starting to plan their wedding.

Matteo and Massimo take care of the business together and have expanded it a lot. New clubs, restaurants and shops all around Italy. And what would our lives be without a few guns and killings?

Massimo and I adopted a small black kitten. Opal. He said he didn't want it but now calls her love and picks her up in his arms whenever the kitten walks up to him. He has even sometimes taken her into some of the not dangerous meetings and been like a proud father when Opal hissed at one of the men he was talking to. He would literally kill for her. I'm sure Opal will grow to be a spoiled and sassy queen who Massimo has sitting on his lap and hissing at bad men.

I love my life. I love my husband and Opal, who we think of as our daughter. I love my brothers and Nolan who is now family and Laura who now lives her surfer / beach dream. My life is filled with love, family and happiness.

I guess you can have a happy life only through some adversities. But it was all worth it in the end.

The End.

______________________

If you would be interested in a new book I'm starting soon, go and read the next chapter.