46. Relaxing and Gaming

Dream barely stayed awake long enough to eat the soup Scar made. He was very careful as he spooned it into his mouth, and as soon as it was done, he was taking the bowl to the sink and saying he wanted to sleep.

Scar went upstairs with him, wanting to keep an eye on him. Dream stumbled on the stairs a few times, and once they went into Dream's room, Dream began pulling his hoodie off. Scar helped him pull it off and Dream tossed it onto the corner of the bed, then sat down so he could work on his shoes. Scar could see how uncoordinated he was and took pity on him, kneeling down to take his shoes off for him.

"Thanks," Dream said.

"No problem. Need help with anything else? Want me to get you out of your pants?" Scar asked, unable to help himself.

He grinned as Dream grew flustered and waved for him to go. "No, I can handle that."

"Okay, well, offer's always open." Scar kissed his cheek and left the room. He went downstairs, joining Puffy in the kitchen. She was still enjoying the soup, having gone back for seconds.

"Poor Dream," Scar said. "He's really out of it. Hopefully he feels better after his nap."

"He should. Some people just have weird reactions to anesthesia," Puffy said. "But it wears off pretty quickly. He'll probably feel fine once he wakes up. Might not even remember much."

"Still, I hope he has a good nap. So, just me and you until Dream gets up, anything you wanna do?" Scar asked. "I'd be a poor host if I didn't entertain my guest." He gave her one of his winning smiles. "Maybe we could go to bed too."

Sure, he was mostly into men, but that didn't mean he couldn't shoot his shot with an interesting woman too.

She paused, then smiled at him. She swallowed her mouthful of soup and replied, "Aw, Scar. That's so sweet of you to offer. If I wasn't such a lesbian, I'd almost consider it."

"Ah." Scar shrugged, then gave her puppy dog eyes. "Almost?"

"You're also dating my nephew, it'd just be weird," she added.

"That's fair. Well hey, doesn't hurt to ask, right?"

"Right. I've gotten some cute femmes that way over the years."

"But no one you wanted to settle down with?"

Puffy shrugged, stirring her soup a little. "Nah. It's alright though. I was military, and an officer at that, I knew I was going to get moved around constantly. I didn't want to get serious with someone only to have to move and they have to decide whether to leave me, or uproot and come with me. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't entirely casual, I cared a lot for everyone I ever got with. But we always knew it would be temporary."

"It must have been hard," Scar said sympathetically.

"A little. But those relationships were still meaningful, and I'm happy to have met those women. They'll always be in my heart."

"Aw."

When Puffy was done eating, she and Scar ended up going to the living room to hang out. Scar put on a show but then just ended up chatting with Puffy for the next few hours. She had so many interesting stories, and Scar had his own stories to tell, and conversation was easy between them.

Eventually, Dream came back down to join them. His face was a little swollen from the surgery but he didn't seem to be in pain, so Scar didn't draw attention to it. Dream sat next to him and Scar held out an arm, waiting for Dream to snuggle up. He kissed Dream's cheek and kept talking to Puffy.

Dream was alert but didn't talk much. Scar didn't blame him. His mouth probably still felt weird.

Talk turned to the upcoming Halloween party. Scar was very excited for him and Dream to both dress up as catboys, and was looking forward to bringing him to the office dressed like that. It was going to be a fun day. Puffy still wouldn't say what she was dressing as, but Scar was looking forward to seeing her costume.