🐯14

Days passed swiftly. The three childhood friends united after thirteen years and celebrated their reunion. They enjoyed every way they could possible. They went hunting together, they chatted and dined together most of the time.. especially Leander and Nikolas.

And whenever he gets a chance, Nikolas will flirt with Leander shamelessly.. and Leander will become a live tomato within seconds. Nikolas felt proud of himself making the brave prince a shy boy, only he can do that. He knows that there is no one in Leander's life like him.

"Your highness.. Nikolas is insisting to meet you.. I told him that you want to sleep but he.."

"Let him in.." Leander said excitedly cutting the guard.

"Yes your highness.." he bowed and went back.

"Your highness.." Leander smiled looking at the book, that deep voice always gave him goosebumps.

"What makes you come here at this moment Nikolas? You know that no one is allowed in the prince's chamber at this hour.." Leander said with a straight face, trying to be intimidating.

"Oh.. sorry for disturbing your beauty sleep prince.. but I came to give you this.." Nikolas said with a smug smile showing a rolled paper in his hand.

"What is it that can't wait till morning?" Leander asked eagerly. Nikolas gave him the paper. He unwrapped the ribbon and opened the paper.

He gasped after seeing his portrait in the paper.. with a leaf crown on his wavy hair.. showing his bare neck and shoulders.

"Happy birthday.. Princess.." Nikolas said fondly making the other look at him.

"You made it?"

"Yes.. with this hand.." Nikolas showed his right hand smiling.

"It's.. looks exactly like me.. how could you do this without looking at me?" Leander asked in a shaky voice. He was too touched by the present. Nikolas chuckled and came forward to stand in front of him.. a foot apart. He raised his hand and kept his hand beside Leander's face like cupping, but not touching.

"I can draw you even in my sleep.. I don't want to look at you for that.. these eyes , this cute nose with that mole, these tempting lips, this bread cheeks that makes me always wonder what it would taste like and these messy waves.. all are imprinted in my heart.. I can draw you even with closed eyes.." Nikolas said in a seductive tone and Leander felt like someone doing somersault in his stomach. Nikolas's confession made an inner turmoil in his mind.

He unknowingly grabbed Nikolas's hand and leaned on it.. his cheek touching in other's inner hand. Nikolas widened his eyes feeling that cheek. He cupped his another cheek too and caressed it with his thumb. Leander closed his eyes feeling that warmth he craved for.

"I didn't tell you this before.. but.. now I feel like telling you that.. I missed you.. I missed you so much in these years.. but the thought that I can guard you after those tough days made me strong to stay there alone.. away from you.. I don't know who you are to me.. only I know that you are my lifeline Lea... I.. I..." Nikolas hesitated to complete his words feeling scared.

He knows what he was doing. It was Prince.. the crowned prince.. and Nikolas was not royal.

Leander looked at him expecting. He understood that Nikolas was struggling inside to let it out.

"I love you Niko.. I have loved you all my life.. and I will.." Leander said fondly making Nikolas shocked.

"Lea.. I.. I love you too..very much.."
Nikolas let it out finally. Leander kept their foreheads joined.

"I missed you so much.. I waited for you to come back.. each day.. my life was incomplete without you Niko.. don't leave me again..please..." Leander said with closed eyes while Nikolas circled his arms around him, pulled him closer.

"Never.. I will kept you like this.. always...I promise.." Nikolas said with a sweet smile.

"Then.. give me more present today.. make my birthday more memorable.." Leander demanded to his lover.

"What do you want my Princess.. I will bring even the moon for you.." Nikolas said pinching his cheek.

"You.."

"Huh?" Nikolas asked confused.

"I want you Niko.. this great warrior Nikolas.. I want you.. tonight.. enlighten me with you Nikolas.." Leander said stepping back, he untied his robe and dropped it down, leaving him only in his boxers.

And who was Nikolas to deny his love's order.

The two lovers continued their romance from that day. They touched and teased with each other, hidden. Sometimes they ended up in prince's chamber together, made love to the oblivion.

The king announced the prince's coronation and the whole country was excited about it. They loved their prince so much and his decisions which he took for their country left everyone speechless yet. So there is no doubt he will be a great king of the century. A king who will bring prosperity and happiness to their life. Nikolas was the most happiest one to hear the news. He gave a special painting to Leander, him as king Leander.

The painting of Leander with a sword.

The coronation day approached earlier than they thought, only three days left. The whole palace was running around to make it perfect for their favourite Prince.. along with Nikolas. On the day of coronation Nikolas will be promoted as the right hand man of King Leander, later Sergeant Major.

Little did they know someone is planning to spoil everything behind them.

The king will have enemies always, both inside and outside, whose eagle eyes will be on the ways to get authority..

And someone got the most effective way to stop the coronation.. to turn their lives upside down in a most unexpected way!