🐯15

Nikolas was in deep slumber when he heard someone knocking on his door. He narrowed his eyes in confusion seeing it was midnight.

"Nikolas.. the king is asking for you.." one of the king's guards informed him.

"I will be there in a few.." Nikolas changed his outfit and went to meet the king in his chamber.

"Your majesty.." Nikolas bowed when he reached in front of the king who was sitting on his throne. Nikolas's father was standing beside him, head hung low. The king gave him a cold face instead of his calm nature.

"Nikolas.. I heard that you committed a crime.." the king doesn't want to beat around the bushes. Nikolas widened his eyes hearing him.

Is he?

"Your majesty..I.."

"I considered you as my own son. I trusted you to give you education and power so that you can protect my own son in future..but this is not what I expected from you.." the king told him with a serious face, disappointment visible in his face. Nikolas looked at him confused.

"But.. what did you do? Don't you know that Leander is going to become the king of this country.. still you choose to play with him.. do you know what the value of your crime is?" The king asked him.

Nikolas sighed heavily. So he knows. The king knows about him and Leander.

"Your majesty.. I didn't play with him.. and we didn't do any crime.. we only loved each other.."

"Do you know what the value of his crime is? His crown!  He can't be a king who does what is  forbidden in this country.." Nikolas's eyes widened after hearing that. He shook his head abruptly.

"No.. no.. please.. he..he didn't do anything wrong.. I am the one who manipulated him.. punish me how much you want.. please spare him.. let the coronation go on.." Nikolas pleaded.

That can't happen. Leander should be the King. People are waiting for him. He has so much to do for their country .. he has dreamt of it for so long. For his dream, Nikolas was ready to sacrifice his life.

"Minister.. what are you saying? Your son is ready to take the punishment for his crime?" The king asked his father who was still looking down with teary eyes.

"Criminals should be punished.. no matter who it is.." he said looking at Nikolas. Nikolas felt that crack in his voice. A father's pain!

Yeah. Everything is over. Everything. Nikolas can see that.

"Lock him up in the basement prison.." the king gave order to the guards who immediately locked Nikolas, who stood there without any protest.

He knows that Leander will release him. He was going to approve the same gender love in his country after his coronation. So Nikolas will be free after a few days. Also the king was kind enough to not torture him in cell. But still, he felt odd. Something is not right.

How did he know? Who told the king?

There were so many cells in the basement, in a row, which were not covered with solid walls in front but only with steel bars.

Guards locked up him in a cell in the basement with a huge chain, his hands chained to both sides. He sighed in defeat and looked up to the opposite cell.

He felt like his soul was separated from his body.

No.no.no.

"Leander?" He called in shock seeing the crowned prince tied up in the opposite cell, a few bruises in his body. Looking at him with tired eyes.