10|TRICK

Carven's gun is holding my chin up

Carven's gun is holding my chin up. He drags it along my throat, pressing it against me roughly. "So what do say then, darling? A kiss?"

I want to puke. I want to scream. I'm trying to use my powers, but it's not working. Honestly, I can't tell if Warner has activated the cuffs around my wrists. I assume he must have, because I've always had complete control over my powers.

I look away. "I'm the one with a gun. I'd make your choice wisely."

I close my eyes, forcing my lips against him. I want it to be quick and not at all passionate. I deliver the bare minimum in hopes of my life being spared.

Carven is breathing heavy, and he's not letting go of my arms. I want to escape, but I let myself be controlled until he finally stops.

I don't want this. I don't want Carven at all, especially now. I look towards the door when I hear a sound on the other side.

"Adam-" I manage to blurt.

Carven covers my mouth again. "Didn't I tell you to be quiet?!"

I must have been loud enough, because the door is opening. Sure enough, Adam Kent walks through. I haven't seen him in so long.

His tall figure is visible in the darkness, and his face is stone cold when it sees Carven. "What the hell are you doing to her?"

Carven pulls me against him, pointing the gun towards my face. "I'd be careful, Kent."

Adam chuckles, before pulling out a gun that is ten times the size of Carven's. I see Carven's face grow wider in fear every second.

"Get out. Now."

Carven slowly backs away as he continues to look at me. "This isn't over, Emilia."

Adam leans over him, and his eyes are threatening. "It's very much over, Himes."

They're arguing back and forth and I know this isn't a good idea. My room is close to Warner's.

I hear footsteps. I try to push Adam, but he's a statue. "Both of you go inside. Now."

"Why should I listen to you?" Carven scoffs.

"So you don't get killed by Warner!"

Carven and Adam finally agree on something and run back into my room. I shut the door and take a deep breath as I slowly walk down the hallway.

My heart is beating as the footsteps get closer. I doubt Adam and Carven have much room to hide, so I need to try my best to lure Warner away from my room. He'll be furious that I'm 'wandering' during the night.