2|DINNER

Adam has to leave, and I'm left in this room that feels so strange

Adam has to leave, and I'm left in this room that feels so strange. It's so quiet, and I'm worried that I'm going to be stuck in here my entire life until I go insane.

I'm sitting on the bed cross-legged until I hear the sound of a door opening. I immediately wonder if I can escape. Adam fixed my restraints so that I can actively use my hands, but my powers are disabled. What once was shackles now resembles thin bangles.

Warner is standing in the doorframe, and I think it might take some time for me to adjust to his features. His jawline is crafted so perfectly, and the way he stands is full of so much confidence. I notice that he dresses very nicely.

Yet, I resent him. I'm grateful that I'm in a nice cell, but I'm infuriated that I've been captured for his use against my own will. I still don't understand what he wants with me, but it cannot be good.

"So tense. Relax, love."

Warner steps further into the room. The door is still open.

I make a run for it.

I barely make it past the doorway before Warner pushes me against the wall, his grip made of steel. I don't know why I thought I could escape so easily.

Warner is extremely strong. I can't move my body because it's trapped against his, and it's impossible to push him away.

"Silly girl. You thought you could escape that easily?"

I feel bubbles rising in my stomach. "What are you doing?" I whisper.

I can't stand being this close to him, because it drives me crazy. I don't know why, but I can't stand it.

"Get back inside, love."

Warner releases me, and I comply. I'm a bit shaky, and Warner is looking around my cell. I feel his enchanting eyes fall back into me. He's staring.

I want him to leave me alone. I want to sit here alone until I can find a way to escape and go back to my life. I can't be trapped with this psycho or else I might loose my life.

"I don't want you to come near me."

Warner pulls out a gun and my mouth widens. I'm surprised that he hasn't already pulled the trigger. Instead, he's moving close.

He lifts my chin up with the gun. "That's a shame, love. I've been waiting to see you for a long time."

I feel creeped out. It seems like Carven planned to bring me to Warner for a long time. I just met Warner today, and somehow he knows everything about me. All I know is his name.

I don't even think it's his first name, I think it's his last name. "I'm not going to be of any use to you."

"That's where you're wrong, pretty girl. Your power has so potential, especially by my side," Warner whispers.