CH 7 - WORKING OVERTIME ALONE

After Fourth finished the examination, Phuwin drove Fourth home

"Brother, where are you going at this hour?"

"I'm going to the company, I still have some work to do, I'll be back later. If you're hungry, remember to eat first, don't wait for my meal."

Phuwin told Fourth a few words, then got in the car and drove to the company. For some reason, he felt uneasy the whole way, like something bad was about to happen to him.

--------------------

This afternoon Pond suddenly announced an emergency meeting, everyone was in a commotion again, every time he announced a meeting there was tension. Pond sat in the center position, gently glancing around the room

"It seems like there's a shortage of people, huh?"

Pond said in a cold voice, he could not see Phuwin's figure

"Yes, director."

The secretary standing next to him bent down and whispered to Pond

"Where is the Deputy Head of Marketing?"

After Pond's question, everyone looked at the empty chair next to P' Tam, noise of discussion gradually rang out, mostly talking about how he dared to skip the meeting again. P' Tam immediately spoke up

"He asked for leave this afternoon. I'm the only one in the Marketing department."

Pond heard this sentence, although he did not pursue anything further, his eyes seemed to become deep and incomprehensible. He lightly tapped his pen on the table, then spoke.

"So, I remember the Marketing department is busy running the project, yet there is one person who still asked for leave during this urgent time, hoping the Marketing department will complete the schedule I assigned."

Pond spoke, his voice lowered, his voice made everyone in the room chill, his eyes looked expressionlessly at P' Tam and said, this trip everyone silently prayed for the Marketing department. P' Tam could only forcefully smile in response, in two days it will be a week, but with all their efforts, they have only made 2/3 of the progress, and will probably have to stay up all night soon.

After a while, the meeting ended. Everyone returned to their rooms in a tense mood. As soon as P' Tam entered the department, a bunch of colleagues came to ask questions, it was really painful. Phuwin walked in from outside the door, saw everyone gathered around talking and asked

"What is everyone talking about so excitedly?"

Phuwin did not know the current situation, so he smiled as he walked in and asked

" Phuwin, do you know, the director called an emergency meeting this afternoon, perhaps our room has been pinned"

"What's wrong, it's not due yet"

Phuwin asked again

"But there are only two days left, is it okay?"

"I think it will be on time, now let's get to work, let's cheer everyone up"

Phuwin motivates everyone to work, thanks to Phuwin's encouragement, everyone works much more productively. At night, everyone gradually returned, Phuwin looked at the project and felt a bit dazed

"Phuwin, aren't you home yet? It's past time."

"You go home first, I'll stay and finish this part, it's almost done."

"Then remember to leave early, I'll leave first."

Phuwin said goodbye to everyone, now he was the only one left in the empty room, looking at the computer screen, there were still too many unfinished items, Phuwin sighed, took out his phone and called Fourth to say he was working overtime. so don't come back one night. Phuwin wanted to stay and work on the project. After all, in the past few days, everyone in his department had forgotten to eat and sleep. Phuwin couldn't bear to see everyone like that, so he decided to stay at the company overnight, and he also wanted to finish it. Before the deadline, you need this job.

---------------------

Phuwin stayed up working until it was two o'clock in the morning. Even though he was a little tired, he still tried to stay awake. The cup of coffee on the table was gone, so Phuwin had to go find some filtered water to drink. Having eaten lightly at night, Phuwin was a bit hungry now, but at two o'clock in the morning, most of the shops were closed so he couldn't order food, so he had to drink a little more water and then start working. The room was covered in darkness, only the light on Phuwin's computer screen was bright, reflecting his focused face. Phuwin remained alone, a lonely shadow in the night.

Pond slept at the company's office today

His office includes a bedroom, so he's too lazy to go home. Sitting at his desk, through the camera he noticed that from this afternoon until now there was a silhouette still sitting in front of the computer. Pond was lying in bed. He must have had trouble sleeping since two years ago, so he kept tossing and turning. He suddenly wondered if Phuwin had returned yet. His curiosity made him get up at two in the morning and secretly go down to the Marketing room. Through the glass door, he saw his back working hard, but it seemed like he was someone else, the person in his mind at that time had also stayed overnight like this, that person turned to look at him. smiled and waved at him. Damn it, why did you remind him of that person, if possible he wanted your face to disappear immediately, so he wouldn't think about that person anymore.

" Aaaa...."

A shrill scream rang out. Phuwin, who had just finished part of the project, stood up and went to the printing room. When he opened the door, what immediately caught his eye was the figure of Pond standing still and motionless. He must have been busy thinking far away so he didn't notice him approaching. Phuwin saw the figure and screamed in fear, because he thought he was the only one left in the company. Suddenly, a person appeared in front of his eyes, causing him to scream in panic, step back, fall down, and close his eyes. scream.

"Are you crazy, what are you screaming in the middle of the night?"

Pond was also surprised to hear his scream. Looking at the person sitting on the floor, he was annoyed and shouted, even shouting about this small thing, what a coward. Phuwin heard the voice, raised his eyes to look, realized it was him, then let go of his hands holding his head and slowly calmly stood up.

"Why are you here?"

"So why are you here?"

"I stayed to work on the project, isn't it because you forced us?"

Phuwin was angry, why are you staying at this hour?

"Remember, you are my subordinate, so speak properly. I don't like people who don't know their superiors or subordinates."

Pond emphasized that Phuwin did not want to argue with him, so he walked straight to the document room. This is a real company, it's normal for him to stay, he doesn't want to ask any more questions. When Phuwin returned, he didn't see Pond anywhere. He didn't want to pay attention, so he sat at his desk and continued to stay up all night.