S E V E N

Naeun yawned, picking at her eyes as she exited her bedroom. She was more than glad that they didn't have any classes today, since the girl was feeling extremely feverish. Juri was already in the kitchen, working on breakfast for the two of them.

"Morning, sleepyhead!" She said, flipping the pancake she was cooking. Naeun muttered a 'good morning' back, sitting down on one of the stools as she rubbed her eyes.

"Are you okay? You look really pale," Juri asked, placing the back of her hand on Naeun's forehead. It was burning up.

"Geez, you're hot! I mean, you are hot but girl, you're burning up!"

"Am I?" She muttered, taking a sip of the orange juice Juri set in front of her. "I feel like shit."

"You look like it too," Juri sighed. "Eat breakfast, I'll get you medicine after," she turned off the stove, placing the pancake on a plate and sliding it over to Naeun. She mumbled something incoherently, picking up the utensils.

"Your nineteenth birthday is coming up, right? What should we do this year?" Juri asked, taking a seat next to Naeun.

"I don't really feel like celebrating," the girl mumbled, picking at her food.

Her special day was right around the corner. She didn't know why she felt so unenthusiastic about it this year. Usually Naeun would be buzzing with excitement months ahead of time, non stop talking about plans for that day.

She took a pill after breakfast and headed straight back to her room. Juri was going out for the day so Naeun had plenty of time for herself to rest.

Naeun got back into bed, pulling the duvet over her entire body as she held one of her stuffed animals close. Her phone buzzed, making her groan loudly. She took it off of the side of her bed, squinting as she read the notification.

Jisung

Morning, darling
How ya doing?

Piss off
I'm not in the mood

Sorry
Um
Anyway

What

Your birthday is in three days, right?

How the fuck do you know?

Your Instagram bio

And how do you know my Insta....

It's literally just your first name-
It was not hard to find, darling
Also
I ran into your best friend

Juri?
Where?

When I was leaving the cafe
She's really nice 

Stop messaging me
I want to sleep

Sorry
I just wanted to ask you something

What is it?

Can I take you out on your birthday?

I think you can guess my answer

I already know what you're going to say
But like just please hear me out
I really want to get to know you better and shit
I know you probably don't feel the same
way about me and that's fine
But would it really be bad to just get to know each other?
So like please can I take you out on your birthday?

I'll think about it

Jisung was grinning ear to ear as he read her response. It wasn't a definite yes, but it was a start since all he's ever heard from her was the word 'no.' He threw his phone to the side of his bed, rolling on his stomach as he squealed in his pillow. He was kicking his legs like some fangirl watching a video of her favorite idol.

Chenle, who was laying next to Jisung on his bed, cringed as he scrunched up his nose and stared at the squealing boy. "You're acting like she said yes to you," he scoffed.

"Look, it's something. She didn't outright reject me like all the other times!" He squealed, picking his phone back up.  "If we can become friends, that's more than enough for me," Jisung said, going back on his phone to message her some more. Chenle shook his head, amused at the lovesick boy.

"You've known this girl for less than a month and you're so hopelessly smitten," he snickered.

"Love has no timing," he retorted, rolling around in his bed as he messaged her.

"Don't you have a race to be preparing for?"

"I know, I know," he sighed. "Later."

Naeun 💗

I have a race tonight
Are you coming?

You know I'm not into racing

You came last time though

That was against my own will

It can be against your own will this time too :)

I don't want to go
It's illegal

Please?
For me?

I'm not coming

Despite her words, there she was, getting ready at 7pm right next to Juri. Her best friend had managed to convince her to go. The girl was still feeling feverish, but it was definitely better than this morning.

"Ready to go?" Juri asked, grabbing her keys.

"Yep, let's go."