N I N E

The sun had barely rose yet, the sky still being a shade of blue with light orange hues. Naeun was sleeping soundly, sprawled out across her bed. Her white silk sheets were all over the place and half of her blanket was on the floor.

The soft hum of the air conditioner was the only sound heard in the bedroom. Birds chirped at the sill of Naeun's window. The girl let out a quiet hum, turning around in her bed and hugging her pillow tighter.

But her peace could only last so long.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BITCH!" Juri screeched as she ran into Naeun's room, blowing on a party horn. The sleepy girl jolted awake, looking around.

"What the fu-" Naeun looked at her best friend through squinted eyes before groaning. "Do you know what time it is? Why are you waking me up so early?"

"To wish you ar happy birthday?" Juri replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, blowing the party horn once more.

"You couldn't have done that when the sun rose, at least?" She scoffed.

"But what's the fun in that?" Juri said sarcastically, ruffling the girl's already messy hair. "You have a date in three hours, by the way. I'll help you get all ready and dolled up,"

"Right, I forgot about that," Naeun mumbled, standing up as she rubbed her eyes.

"I still can't believe my idol took an interest in you," Juri sighed. "You're one hot bitch, you know that?"

"That I know," Naeun said as she ran a hand through her hair to untangle it.

The pair ate breakfast together and hung out for an hour or two. Most of it being Juri hyping up her date and shipping the two. Naeun was beyond tired of it, but a small part of her didn't mind. But she wasn't going to admit that.

"But seriously, how are you so calm with your favorite racer hitting on me?" Naeun asked as she put her dirty dishes into the sink.

"I mean, I'm not attracted to Jisung romantically. Sure, I think he's hot as fuck but I wouldn't date him, he's out of my league. And if he has interest in my bestie, then I should be supportive," Juri smiled, giving the birthday girl a pat on the back before putting her own dishes into the sink.

"I'm still not going to date him," Naeun rolled her eyes.

"I thought you were getting feelings for him, too?"

"Oh, hell no," Naeun scoffed. "I would never date that guy, and you know exactly why."

"I understand, Nana, I really do," Juri sighed. "I know exactly what you're thinking. If you let him in, you might grow attached to him and fall for him but you're scared he'll get hurt street racing. You're scared that the situation with your brother will repeat again, aren't you?"

"You should be a mind reader," said Naeun as she poured herself a glass of water. "You already know the mess I became after Jaehyun died. I just...I don't think I'll be able to handle that kind of pain again."

"I know, that was a lot for you to handle at such a young age," Juri placed a hand on her shoulder, rubbing it. 

"It's not that I don't want to let him in, I'm just...scared," Naeun admitted quietly. 

"Yeah, I get that it would be a little hard to let him in right away. Just give it some time, and maybe one day, you can get over your fear," Juri said as she kissed the girl's forehead.

"You really have to stop doing that, people are starting to think we're lesbian," Naeun chuckled, prying Juri off of her. Which was a struggle, because Juri was a lot stronger than she looked.

"Then let them. That's not my problem."

. . .

Naeun looked herself over in the mirror one last time. Well, she said it was going to be the last time. She ended up standing in front of that mirror for over twenty minutes until Juri forcefully moved her.

"You look drop dead gorgeous, I promise you," Juri said, brushing a strand of Naeun's hair back into place.

Naeun was wearing a simple pink satin dress that went up to her mid thighs, a pearl necklace around her neck and white chunky Mary Jane's on her feet. She held a white hand bag as an accessory, as well as pearl bracelets on her wrists.

 She held a white hand bag as an accessory, as well as pearl bracelets on her wrists

Her hair was styled half up half down with a bow holding it in place

Her hair was styled half up half down with a bow holding it in place. Naeun put a bit more effort into her makeup than usual since it was her special day. That was the only reason. Nothing more.

Jisung 🦒

I'm outside your dorm, bby
What's the number?

I live on the third floor, room number 315

Coming :)

"JURI, JISUNG IS COMING!" Naeun said as she did last minute touch ups to her hair and makeup. The girl came back into the room, a smirk on her face.

"Damn, you're making him come already?"

"STOP BEING DIRTY MINDED AND HELP FIX MY BRA!"

"I'M TELLING YOU TO BUY A NEW ONE, YOUR TIDDIES ARE TOO BIG!"

"I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT, DO YOU THINK I CAN AFFORD TO GET A NEW ONE IN THIS ECONOMY?"

The doorbell rung.

"FUCK HE'S HERE!"

"HE CAN PROBABLY HEAR YOU, SHUT THE FUCK UP!"