Chapter 22

[Warning: R18]
**
Nicola, Age Twenty Six
---
I swear I didn't mean for it to happen. Or for things to escalate the way it did. Siguro ay nadala lang ako sa galit ko nang marinig ko kay Calum na lumipad siya pabalik sa Monaco matapos niyang sabihin na hindi niya na ako pakakawalan.

I mean yeah, I repeatedly told him to leave me alone but he was not supposed to give up on me just like that. I chased him for years. YEARS! He was supposed to kneel and ask for my forgiveness for pete's sake! Tapos aalis lang siya ulit ng ganun-ganun nalang?

And so I thought, okay, maybe I really should start moving on. Maybe he was the liar I accused him of after all.

So I did the first thing I should never have done. I called Jethro on a whim and asked him if he wanted to be my boyfriend over the phone. I only realized that I made a mistake when he eagerly and excitedly went to our house that same night.

And that stupid, stupid mistake led all of us here. With Jethro's split and bloodied lips and nose, and Kai's slightly bruised fist. My heart at his feet.

Yes, I wanted to hurt him. I thought it was only fair that I hurt him, too, after everything that I've been through. But seeing the horrified and betrayed look on his face right now almost made me jump and hug him and never let him go. Somehow, mas nasasaktan akong makita na nasasaktan siya.

I flinched as Jet reached for my hand and entertwined it with his. Kai's eyes followed the movement with clenched jaws, I wonder if he was trying to crush his molars by grinding them so hard.

He nodded his head towards Jet's hand on me. "Take your hands off her before I break your hands and continue rearranging your fucking face," he said in a low, deceptively calm voice, his dead and unemotional eyes fixed on Jethro.

I bit the side of my lower lip and stare at him helplessly as Jet only tightened his hold on me.

"You have no right. Nicola is my girlfriend now. You lost your chance," galit na turan ni Jethro sa kanya.

Umarko ang mga labi ni Kai at binigyan si Jethro ng nanunuyang ngiti. He then transfered his gaze on me, and I involuntarily shivered at the coldness in his eyes.

"Come here, Calliope. Don't make me ask you twice," may babala sa boses niya at tila may sariling utak ang katawan ko at agad na sumunod sa gusto niya.

Jethro held me back. Wala sa loob na naptingin ako sa mukha niya.

"Cole, please." May pagmamakaawa sa boses niya.

The sight of the blood on his lips and the dark purple bruise that's forming beneath his left eye made my heart squeezed painfully. But I know, I just know deep in my heart that if I don't let go of his hand now, I will lose Kai forever which is my original agenda but...I can't. I realized I just can't.

"I...I-I'm sorry, Jet," I begged him with my eyes to understand and we both stared at each other for a moment, his eyes flashed with pain at what he saw on my face. He then nodded stiffly and loosened his grip on my hand.

I didn't mean to drag him into this mess. Alam ko na sobrang unfair ko at sana ay mapatawad niya ako. I will talk to him after I deal with Kai. I will plead for him to understand and to know that it was not my intention to hurt him. I'm not sure if he'd forgive me because I will never forgive me and I don't expect him to but I'll still try. It just saddens me that I'm about to give up something important to me-my friendship- for Kai.

Tinanggal ko ang kamay sa pagkakahawak niya at humakbang papunta kay Kai na sinalubong ako at agad na hinawakan sa siko at halos kaladkarin palabas gallery.