Chapter 35

Five months Later
---
I should have known better than believe that Kai would leave me alone.

Well, he did. For a month. And that is only because I didn't leave our house in that duration.

Pagkatapos ng pagmumukmok ay kinausap ko si dad tungkol sa plano kong bumili ng condo as I felt suffocated in my own house. Araw-araw akong pinagdadalhan ng pagkain ng nanay ko at gabi-gabi din siyang humihinto sa labas ng pinto ko. I didn't want to deal with her.

I'm confused beyond measure and I feel myself getting used to her affection. I feel myself hating her less but I need to protect myself because I don't trust her. At all.

How on earth can she go from being the most neglectful mother ever to being this loving one? Granted, she was always loving to Calum and Kuya Nate but that's even more reason to despise her. She alienated me from my own home.

Dad helped me look for a new place. He didn't question why I didn't want to go back to the condo he gave me. Alam niya at nagpapasalamat ako sa respeto at space na binibigay ni dad sa akin. He loves my mother very much and I wonder why. What did he ever see in her?

The condo I purchased was less luxurious than my last condo although it was still situated in the heart of Makati. My place is not that grand but it was cozy and I figured I needed that change. Nagpumilit na magpresenta ang nanay ko sa pag-hire ng interior designer para daw at least ay maging komportable at maganda naman ang condo ko.

Didn't she understand I never really cared about the grandeur of our living? I only wanted her love. But whatever, the interior designer did a great job so I didn't complain. Wala na akong lakas pa na makipagharapan sa kanya.

I started meeting with Jethro again and he was dumbfounded when he learned what happened to me. Samut-saring mura ang lumabas sa bibig niya bago ako niyakap ng mahigpit. He still didn't have a girlfriend and at this point, nagtataka na ako kung bakit. When I frankly asked him if it was because of me, he easily dismissed it by saying he was just enjoying his bachelor and single life.

Isa pa sa nakapag-okupa ng atensyon ko ay ang mapapangasawa ni Leyton. I remember seeing her before when Leyton and I would park outside her school like stalkers. She's twenty-one now and I understand why Leyton is so fixated with her. She looks very pretty, however, she looked too innocent for my taste. I used to not think much of it then but now, I don't trust her.

Parang nahigit ang paghinga ko 'nong makita ko siya muli sa art exhibit kasama ng kapatid niya. Her sister who loved art so much was over the moon when she met me, saying she was a fan and that she missed my work. All the while, Leyton's future wife who was still unaware of the storm coming her way, stood there smiling politely.

Her aura was light and so inviting. 'yong tipong agad na makokomportable ka sa unang beses na makakasama mo siya. Masyadong siyang mabait tingnan. Masyadong inosente. Masyadong maputi. Masyadong may pagkakapareho kay Alexandra.

Nope. I don't trust her one bit. What if she was another sheep in wolf's clothing? I'm sure Leyton can take care of himself but I was still concerned about him. He was one of my only friends after all. And so when I learned from a legit source that someone was courting her and that she liked that someone, I told Leyton to warn him about the girl. Sa halip na tantanan ay mas pinabilis niya pa tuloy ang kasal nila. Such a reckless man!

And so just within three months, I'm here, in their wedding, along with Cal and Reid. Hindi pumunta si Kai and I know why. He didn't want me to see him. He was afraid I was going to follow through my threats of hurting myself if I ever saw him again.

Naguiguilty ako na hindi siya sumipot sa unang kasal sa grupo nila dahil lang sa banta ko sa kanya. It was low of me but I couldn't think of anything else for him to leave me alone.