Chapter 8

"You talked to him?"

After Shadow got back from his patrol, he explained who and what he encountered. Sonic. Shadow nodded in reply. "Yep. He wasn't like other demons or EXEs we've encountered."

"How so?" asked Tails. "He didn't brutally pummel me to the ground, for starters," said Shadow. "And he actually listened to what I was saying. It's either because me and...Maria have been part of the demons before or he's not like other demons."

"I remember talking to him once in a while in the army," recalled Eggman. "Sonic was rather cheerful and optimistic unlike others. I'd say it's the latter." Tails glanced at the former villain and then at me. "Hey Knux, this was the one who kidnapped you right?"

"Yeah, well he didn't really kidnap me, I was actually the one who kidnapped him," I chuckled nervously. "There's something I didn't tell you guys."

So I explained everything that happened since I disappeared- between quiet walks with Sonic, befriending him, playing a small bit of games and small talk along with him telling me about his past with the demons.

"Why didn't you tell us Sonic was there with you?!" asked Blaze. "How would you react? Be glad?" I asked. Blaze opened her mouth to argue but shut it when she couldn't find anything. "That doesn't matter now. What matters is what to do with this information." reminded Tails.

"Maybe we could recruit him onto our side. To have a spy in the army will be really helpful in the war!" suggested Silver. "I agree, considering he has knowledge about Chaos Control that not even I do and speed like me but faster." agreed Shadow.

"Question is, how would we convince him?" asked Blaze. "In the cave, he seemed like he would take any chance at all to leave the demons so I don't think it would talk much convincing. I'll go, since I think he'll be more comfortable with me." I answered.

"Alright, Knux, you leave first thing in the morning. But for now, let's rest. Between finding you and this information it's been a long day." agreed Tails, yawning. "Agreed... let's go to bed." said Rouge, flying onto the ceiling and falling to sleep like a bat would.

And so, everyone went to sleep. But me, personally, I wondered one thing and one thing only:

What would Sonic say?