Chapter 18

As I recovered from Silver's attack, Infinite flew towards me and was furious. "The plan failed. You failed. They got away...ALIVE!" scolded Infinite. I stood up as Infinite got close to my face and landed, his angry eyes glaring daggers at me.

"What do you have to say for yourself? Your loyalty to Knuckles and your friends caused them to escape. What do you have to say for yourself?!" scolded Infinite. My eyes widened in fear as he unmuted me for me to say what I had to say.

"I'm...sorry. It was... out of my own control. S-Something unlocked...inside me.. when he said those things." I stammered. "You of all people should know what happens to those who aren't in line." answered Infinite.

Suddenly, the air got intense. I fell over onto my knees, and nearly suffocated. Breathing heavily and trembling violently, I would've choked if Infinite didn't turn the air back to normal. "Don't fail me again," commanded Infinite emotionlessly.

I gasped for air as I slowly stood up, stumbling backwards as I did so and I looked up at Infinite fearfully. "I-I won't! I swear." I promised. "Good. Return to your chamber, Sonic. And think about the opportunity you threw away." He ordered.

I nodded and ran to my room rapidly, I collapsed on my bed and coughed uncontrollably. As the coughing subsided, I thought about what happened earlier. One part of me was glad they got away. It liked the Heroes, specifically the echidna.

Why was I glad? Infinite is furious with me now. The Heroes got away, and so did our chance to rule the world. Our? Do I really believe that stuff? Infinite only wants the whole world for himself, and will turn on me and the army when we're no longer valuable.

What's going on with me?! I should be furious! The echidna saw what is wrong with me, what I- my old self going through.. he'll most likely tell the others, and Infinite's plan will fall apart rapidly and it'll be all my fault. I went to bed with a low spirit and one question in my mind.

Do I even want him to win?