Chapter 13

Sophie felt everything spiraling out of control. 

Lady Gisela had a knife up to her Fiancé's neck. 

Keefe's eyes stayed on Sophie. 

Sophie's eyes stayed on Keefe.

"I know what my legacy is," Keefe said.

Sophie's eyes widened.

"We were right. My legacy was for us to be enemies. and.. to kill you." Keefe barely choked out the words. 

"And to destroy the council, but he failed at both. Layd Gisela said her voice ice cold. "He was supposed to do both many years ago. So I have no use for him."

"Wait!" Sophie said before she could kill him. "Can I at least say goodbye?"

Lady Gisela's face twisted in disgust. But she brought down the knife. 

"Stay right here." Lady Gisela hissed in Keefe's ear. 

Sophie ran forward and hugged Keefe as hard as she could. They held the embrace. 

"I love you, Keefe," Sophie said. 

"I love you too," Keefe said. 

Keefe brushed away Sophie's tears.

Sophie ran her hands along Keefe's necklace. It had a clear crystal. From the day they created untraceable leaping crystals (I know they never made untraceable leaping crystals in the actual series but we'll pretend they did.)

"And that's why I have to do this," Sophie said.

She held up the crystal on Keefe's necklace to the light and shoved him into the beam it cast. 

"YOU FOOL!" Lady Gisela screamed as she lunged for Sophie.

Sophie sidestepped her, but Lady Gisela still managed to grab her and bring her to the floor.

Sophie shoved her knee into Lady Gisela's side. Sophie rolled away and stood up. But Lady Gisela had already stood up, and she punched Sophie in the face.

A small trickle of blood ran down Sophie's cheek.

Sophie swept Lady Gisela off her face. But Lady Gisela flipped back up.

Sophie kicked her but Lady Gisela grabbed Sophie's leg, and shoved it behind her, causing Sophie to trip. Sophie kept kicking and punching, but Lady Gisela kept blocking every single move. 

"ENOUGH!" Sophie screamed. "Why won't you just leave me and Keefe to start a life? And if you say something about Legacy or Moonlark I will drop you with inflicting so HARD!"

Lady Gisela seemed at a loss for words.

"All I've ever done is defend. You attack, and I barely ever get to make my own decision. Sometimes you win, and sometimes we win. And none of us have ever asked you to stop!" Sophie's eyes welled with tears, and her words were getting choked. "All I've been able to do is sit and hope you'll let Keefe and me have an actual family. And I can't even remember where I sent Keefe anymore. And now I might never see him again. Sophie's voice rose with every word. 

"So the moonlark finally stands up for herself." Lady Gisela finally says.

Sophie wasn't sad anymore. She was furious.

"ENOUGH WITH THE MOONLARK! I KNOW I'M THE MOONLARK! IT'S ALL I'VE BEEN HEARING SINCE I MOVED TO THE LOST CITIES!!! 'YOU'RE THE MOONLARK!' 'GO DO THIS', 'GO DO THAT', I'M A PUPPET FOR THE AN ORGINAZATION WHERE NO ONE TELLS ME ANYTHING! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT IS? THAT'S ONE OF THE HUNDREDS OF REASONS I LOVE KEEFE SO MUCH! HE KNOWS WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE EXPERIMENTED ON! HE WAS MY CHOICE! MY EVERY CHOICE HAS BEEN CONTROLLED BY YOU! AND I CAN'T EVEN HAVE A CHOICE OF WHO I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!"

Sophie collapsed to the floor in tears. 

She looked over at Lady Gisela. She was on the ground writhing in pain. Sophie had been inflicting on her. 

Sophie felt her imparter ringing in her pocket. 

She saw Biana's face. She answered.

"TAM PROPOSED!" Biana said the moment Sophie answered.

"WHAT!" Sophie said. 

"Wait, why are you covered in blood."

"Long story short I just took Lady Gisela down."

"WHAT!!"

"Sorry Bee, You'll have to give me more juice on Tam Later."

"I'm calling the authorities right now." Biana hung up. 

Sophie sat staring at Lady Gisela. 

Sophie grabbed her necklace.

She stared at the Untraceable leaping crystal on it.

She held it up to the light.

It was time to bring Keefe home.

SORRY! I forgot to mention that Tam proposed to Biana! MY BAD!

I forgot since I went so off script! unless I mentioned it already...