Thirty one

Chanakyan

Never in my wildest fantasy did I think that my Gowthami would say such lewd words so openly...not that I'm complaining though. If any, I'm pleased that she's stating her desires to me without tentativeness.

At present, to fulfill her said desires, I'm impatiently driving the bike towards our tiny weapon warehouse. It was initially Hari's maternal grandma's home and it was constructed in a secluded part of our Village. After her death, the people around the area claimed to have experienced some paranormal activities and eventually moved out of the place. We took advantage of the situation and with Hari's approval, we renovated the house a little and stored our weapons there.

This is our own guest house as well. We play cards and spend our time drinking alcoholic beverages here. And so far, we haven't noted any abnormal stuff like the other people alleged.

"Chanakya, isn't this the scary place people stray away from!? Why are we going there?" There's panic in Gowthami's tone.

"Do not be afraid, Gowthami. I go there often and it's completely safe," she offers me an unconvinced frown that I notice through the side mirror.

"Enaku seriya padala...enku moodae poyidich," (I don't think this is good. My mood has gone,) I abruptly halt the bike and stare back at her.

"As I said before, you're not permitted to go back on your words. And regarding the mood, I'll bring it back, so hold on, okay?" She hesitantly nods and lays her head on my back.

Argh, such tender feeling caused by this simple action. She has the leash to my heart and I'm more than willing to let her control me on an emotional level.

But when it comes to physical intimacy, it's my kingdom to rule and she has to succumb to me.

Minutes later, we reach our destination, and Gowthami, with a nervous look on her face, hops down the bike. The spot we were at the moment was enclosed in callous trees and dense bushes. From here, we've to go on walking for one kilometer to attain the house. In the murky atmosphere, only the moonlight serves as the light source. Instead of feeling fear like Gowthami, I'm in a romantic mood. I can take her right here but I believe Gowthami wouldn't be very inclined to merge ourselves out in the middle of nowhere.

"Enaku romba payama iruku! Veetuku poidlaam Chanakya, vaa," (I'm terrified! Let's go home Chanakya, come) I sigh at her words as I shuffle off the bike and remove the key from the hole.

"If I remember clearly, once a girl said that she fears nothing when I'm with her. Where was she now?" I ask sarcastically.

"You can fight people and safeguard us! But how could you deal with invisible ghosts? It's impossible," I fold my hands against my chest, listening keenly as she continues to rant.

"Ghosts are very real. During my school days, one of the girls in our class was possessed by a ghost. I saw it with my own eyes. She was playing in the ground with us and there was this huge palm tree beside the ground which was said to be possessed by ghosts and no one dared to go near it. But that girl is an impulsive one! She touched it even when all of us warned her against the same and that day, during one of the class hours, she started having seizures and it took around two months before she returned to normal," I was mesmerized by her eyes that spilled the story in its own way. It widens, squints, and shuts as she speaks and it's a sight worth simping for.

"Chanakya!" Now the lips, damn those juicy lips.

"Chanakya, did you hear anything that I said all this while!?" She pinches my arm and I shake out of my reverie, pinning her with my stern gaze.

"I did attend to what you said, Gowthami, and I can assure you that this place is harmless. We'd spend days here and we never felt even the slightest of inconvenience. Trust me, Gowthami," she seemed to melt at my words but still appeared a little reluctant.