T W E L V E

Naeun settled into the passenger seat of Jisung's car. She reached her hand back into the gift bag and got the letter out. But Jisung stopped her from opening it. She looked up at him, raising a brow.

"Open it when you get home, I might actually die of embarrassment if you read it when I'm here," he said.

"Why? Did you write something corny?"

"Very, so save me the embarrassment and read it when you're alone. You can't read it with Juri, alright?"

"I won't, I won't," Naeun chuckled, tucking the letter back into the gift bag as Jisung started driving.

Jisung reached his hand to the radio to change the song that was currently playing. "What kind of song is this?"

Naeun swatted his hand away. "Don't change it, this is my favorite song."

"Well if it's your favorite song then it's my favorite song now too," he cheekily smiled, turning up the volume and focusing his attention back to the road.

"Love is the moment," Naeun sang quietly to herself, tapping her finger along to the beat on her thigh.

"Never took you for a K-drama fan," Jisung said, glancing over at her.

"Oh, you don't know the half of it."

Naeun stared out of the window, watching the buildings as they passed. She had never been in the big city before, so naturally she was captivated by everything.

She swayed her feet along to the beat, humming the lyrics to herself as she stared out of the car window. The light from the building made her wide, doe eyes sparkle. The girl's glossy pink lips were parted in awe at the sights.

Jisung only glanced at her with the intention of making sure she was okay, but when he laid eyes on the girl, it was like he had fallen in love all over again. The warm lights hitting her perfectly sculpted face, the small life grazing her plump lip and the happy look on her face, it was making his knees feel weak. But he did not want to cause a car crash. So he took his eyes off of her and back to the road.

His heart was racing and a trickle of sweat started dripping down his forehead. His index finger tapped on the steering wheel nervously, his palms sweaty. He always thought she was nothing short of beautiful, but seeing her like this was stirring something inside of him. Jisung's breathing grew a lot faster and he was hoping the girl next to him didn't notice.

Naeun was blissfully unaware, simply enjoying the car ride. But it was getting difficult for Jisung to drive in this state, so he pulled over for a moment.

"Why'd you pull over?" Naeun asked, turning to face him. He noticed the red flushing his cheeks and the sweat on his forehead, noticing the way his chest was heaving with every breath he took. "Are you okay?" She said, reaching out to place the back of her hand on his forehead.

"i-I'm fine," he stammered, quickly undoing his seatbelt. "I need to go to the bathroom, wait right here," and with that, he was out of the car and running to the nearest gas station.

Naeun was left confused, but she chalked it up as he just needed to use the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Jisung was losing his mind. The thoughts in his mind were incredibly impure, and he cursed himself for thinking about her in that way. And he had to do something about the tent in his pants before going back outside.

A few minutes later, Naeun saw Jisung approaching the car again. He had his puffy jacket tied tightly around his waist, covering his front. Naeun didn't question why and unlocked the door for him.

"Let's go," Jisung said as he changed the gears and started driving again.

"Are you sure you aren't sick or anything?" Naeun repeated, genuine concern in her eyes. Jisung chuckled, shaking his head.

"I don't get sick that easily, sweetheart," he replied. "Has anyone ever told you how breathtaking you are?"

"Juri has."

"Of course she has. You two have the weirdest friendship ever, I swear."

"Don't act like you don't kiss Chenle goodnight," Naeun scoffed.

"That's different. It's like, mandatory to kiss your homie good night. And you're the one who flirts with Juri non stop. I get jealous too, you know," he wiped a fake tear.

"What, you want me to be like that with you?"

"Yes?"

"No."