Midnight in Paris (I)

Onika's POV

Today was a slow a day at work. I only scrubbed in two procedures which was rare. So I decided to be on call at home. As soon as I walked through the door I immediately regretted it. The twins and papa were running rampant, toys were thrown around every corner of the house. Meanwhile, Blue was nowhere to be found.

I felt myself getting overstimulated fairly quickly. My body was beyond tired, work had definitely kicked my ass this week. Therefore, I was looking forward to the next few days off. But then I walked into pure chaos.

"MOMMY!!!" Sir screamed running over to me panting for air. "Mommy I'm hungry."

I sighed. "I'll make you something to eat, give mommy a few minutes."

Blue walked in the foyer shocked to see me standing there. "Mom if I knew you were coming home so early I would have made them clean up."

I shook my head. "It's okay...Just watch them I'm going to take a shower."

I stopped at the kitchen taking out some chicken tenders, before residing to my bedroom. I stripped out of my scrubs and relaxed underneath the hot shower. I knew I was there for almost an hour, because the thickness of the hot air was making it hard for me to breathe.

My muscles felt so warm and relaxed. I yawned a few times looking at my comfortable bed. I sighed slipping on my pajamas and headed downstairs to make the kids lunch. When I stepped on the bottom step one of the kids ran past me so fast I couldn't tell which one it was.

"SLOW DOWN!!!" I shouted walking into the kitchen.

I hated screaming at them but sometimes that was the only way they understood—gentle parenting my ass.

I gathered all my ingredients and began seasoning the chicken tenders. About thirty minutes later they were fried to golden perfection along with some sweet potatoes fries. I fixed everyone's plate, adding some fruit along with juice box.

"You guys come eat." I called out from the kitchen. They all ran in the kitchen, Sir being the first one.

"Oooooo mom you snapped per usual." Blue said taking a seat.

"Mommy can I have some Barbie sauce?" Papa asked.

I smiled putting some barbecue sauce on his plate.

I then maneuvered my way around the kitchen and began cleaning up the mess I made.

When I looked up Rumi had her arms folded, looking in disgust while her siblings ate around her.

"Rumi-bear why aren't you eating?" I asked.

She looked up at me turning up her nose. "I want Chick-fil-a."

I raised my eyebrows now matching her attitude. "We can get Chick-fil-a on Sunday."

Blue laughed which made her cut her eyes. "I don't want Chick-fil-a on Sunday I want it today."

"Rumi don't start." Blue exhaled.

I shrugged. "Oh well you're not getting it."

"Well...I don't want this—" she said pointing at the food.

"Well don't eat it—you could starve for all I care."

Everyone started laughing including Sir. I could see Rumi eyes getting glossy, princess wasn't having her way today. And her mom was not here to safe her ass.

She pulled her iPad from her lap, the next thing I heard was her mom talking through FaceTime. She didn't even let the phone ring before she picked it up—spoiled ass.