F O U R T E E N

Chenle opened the door for Naeun and let her inside. Juri had fallen fast asleep on the couch, Chenle's jacket over her body as a blanket. She seemed to be the only one who felt cold during this heat wave.

"What happened to her?" Naeun asked as she ran to her best friend. She examined her bruised and bandaged up face, heart tearing at the sight.

"She just...fell, I saw her while I was running to the convenience store."

"Do you take me for an idiot?" Naeun scoffed, narrowing her eyes at Chenle. "Tell me what really happened?"

"I..." Chenle sighed, looking back up at the girl. "She told me not to tell you, ask her when she wakes up."

Naeun raised an eyebrow. All of the years they had been friends, no secrets were kept between the two. TMI did not exist between them. It made the girl wonder what could be so bad that she hid it from her own best friend.

She took a seat on the couch opposite to Juri, looking at her best friend with concerned eyes. Jisung, who was just coming back from the bathroom, immediately saw Naeun and ran to her.

"I missed you, baby," he said, reaching in for a hug. Naeun ducked, avoiding the hug as she always does.

Chenle fake gagged before going to sit by Juri. He looked down at the peaceful expression on her sleeping face, a sharp contrast to the fearful look from earlier. He brushed some hair out of her face so she could sleep more comfortably, his touch lingering a little longer than necessary. Chenle knew Jisung and Naeun weren't watching, since Naeun was busy dealing with Jisung's non stop flirting.

"You never told me how pretty your best friend was," Chenle said to Naeun, lightly smirking.

"First Jisung and now you?" Naeun scoffed, trying to escape from Jisung's embrace.

"Well, me and Jisung are friends after all," Chenle shrugged.

Naeun chuckled and shook her head, not even bothering trying to escape Jisung anymore. Jisung smirked in victory, placing his head on the girl's shoulder. "Got you," he whispered, nuzzling his head in the crook of her neck.

"Ugh, go do this in private," Chenle sneered, side eyeing them.

"I finally have a chance, don't ruin the moment," Jisung muttered, resting his eyes as he hugged the girl tighter.

Juri woke up about half an hour later, sitting up as she rubbed her eyes. She looked around the room, seeing Chenle next to her, and Jisung and Naeun on the couch opposite to her. Naeun immediately rushed to her as she woke up, crouching down in front of the couch.

"Juri! Are you okay?" She asked, examining her face.

"I'm fine, I just fell outside," Juri said, taking her best friend's hand.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Ju. tell me what really happened."

Tears pricked at the corner of Juri's eyes and Naeun immediately noticed. She was quick to embrace the girl in a tight, warm hug, rubbing her back comfortingly. Juri burst out in tears, hugging her best friend back tightly and sobbing on her shoulder. Confused, Jisung looked over at Chenle and gave him a the hell is going on look.

Naeun pulled away slightly, cupping the girl's face in her hands and wiped away her tears. "We don't have to talk about it right now. Whenever you're ready, please tell me what's going on. You've been coming home in this state ever since we moved into our dorm during our freshman year. I just want to make sure you're okay, Ju."

Juri was still afraid. Afraid of people, including her own best friend, finding out about her secret. She was afraid of what people would think of her after. Knowing her ex boyfriend, it was possible that their entire college already knew about her secret.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready, I promise," Juri said, taking deep breaths to calm herself down.

Chenle watched from the side, his eyebrows furrowed in concern for the girl. He had already put two and two together by seeing the sight today, and his heart was aching. He couldn't believe that she was going through something like that all on her own.

He wanted to be someone that could support her, since he was the only one who knew.