F I F T E E N

The next few weeks at college, Juri was on her toes at all times, hearing around for any rumors spreading. She was nervous, incredibly nervous. But she was relieved when she managed to get through the entire day without hearing about it. That meant that Dukgyeong hadn't spread the rumor.

She made her way to the bus stop, tapping away on her phone. What she didn't realize was that Dukgyeong was approaching her, and he was fuming.

He aggressively grabbed her wrist, turning her around to face him. Juri flinched, her eyes widening upon seeing him. She tried wiggling out of his grip, fear evident in her eyes. Which Dukgyeong took advantage of.

"Did you really think you could run away from me?" He scoffed, tugging on her wrist. "Did you really think that your secret is safe? Do you think that you are safe?"

Juri's entire body quivered, her breathing erratic. She didn't know what to do or who to call. No matter what she did, it would be a dead end.

"Be a good girl and come back to me," he spoke mockingly. "You little prostitute."

"Yah! Let go of my best friend!" A familiar voice approached behind Juri.

Naeun was quick to tear Juri away from Dukgyeong's grip, her eyes burning holes straight into his soul.

"What the-" He was cut off by Naeun kicking him hard where the sun doesn't shine. He stumbled back, landing on the ground with a loud groan.

"You bitch!" He yelled, clutching his crotch.

"Are you the reason my best friend has been coming home with bruises?" Naeun spat, her eyes darkening.

"Stay out of this, you-" He was cut off again by someone kicking him hard in the jaw. And it wasn't Naeun.

"Chenle?" The two girls said in unison.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from her?" Chenle scoffed.

Dukgyeong scrambled back up to his feet, winding his fist to swing on Chenle. But the latter was quicker, his fist harshly meeting Dukgyeong's jaw. The two girls watched in both shock and awe.

The few weeks Juri had gotten to know Chenle, he was nothing but a sweetheart. Seeing him like this was new, even for Naeun who'd known him for months.

"Stay away from her," he threatened. "And I mean it."

"This isn't over, you fucking prostitute!" Dukgyeong yelled before running away, gripping his bruising jaw.

"Are you okay?" Chenle immediately approached the shocked girl, looking for any injuries.

"I'm fine," she replied, breathing heavily. Juri looked over at Naeun, who wore a confused expression.

"Prostitute...?" She said hesitantly, raising an eyebrow. "What did he mean by that?"

"I'll explain everything to you later, I promise," said Juri, her anxiety evident in her eyes.

"Go to your evening classes, I'll be with her," Chenle said to Naeun. Naeun nodded, giving Juri a comforting kiss on the forehead like Juri usually does to her and then walking away. She was extremely confused, but she figured Juri would tell her when she felt it was right.

"Tell me if he ever bothers you again, alright? I'll beat his ass," Chenle said, pulling the girl into a warm hug. Juri found comfort in his arms, silently crying in his chest.

"Come on, let's go to the auto repair shop. Jisung brought ramyeon."

Hearing about food instantly made Juri spring up, her eyes brightening. Chenle chuckled, finding it cute. He took her hand, leading her to the auto repair shop.

She enjoyed the feeling of her hand in his. It made her feel safe and protected. He made her feel safe and protected.

"My break starts in a few minutes, wait for me okay?" Chenle said as they entered the shop. Juri nodded and sat down on one of the couches. She watched as he went back to working on one of the cars. The way he was so focused, the way his hands worked, the way his tongue poked out of his parted lips as he worked, was all it took for Juri to be entranced. She only realized she was staring when she saw Jisung from the corner of her eye wiggling his eyebrows knowingly.

Chenle hadn't noticed, since he was too focused on the car. Juri flipped Jisung off and then went back to admiring the boy in front of her with hearts in her eyes. Jisung made a disgusted expression before going back to stuffing his face with jellies.